Senior System Engineer – Windows
A boutique financial services provider in the heart of Zug are currently seeking a Senior System Engineer with a Windows background.
After being a stable business for 30 years, they are growing more than ever before thanks to more global exposure and a new partnership with a worldwide solutions provider.
What this means is changes to their IT infrastructure and a chance for everyone in the infrastructure team to work collaboratively and get involved right from the early stages.
Currently, my client operates and manages their own IT infrastructure, through two data centres and some communication HW in the office to support the business.
Eventually, they will begin to move to the cloud during the year but before this takes place, they must continue with the current infrastructure. Role To support their IT Infrastructure & Security team, we are looking for a highly motivated and experienced System Engineer
• Managing and developing of the existing Windows environment - AD, server roles, rights, M365
• Engineering and operation of the virtualization environment (vSphere 6.x)
• Administration of MS SQL Server (without DBA tasks)
• Backup project management and other IT service functions
• Network engineering and troubleshooting
• Firewall and security engineering
• Data center HW operation, maintenance and troubleshooting
• 2nd/3rd level support in case of technical failures
• Occasional office HW and cable management tasks (workplaces/desktops, printers, etc.)
• Communication with external parties (vendors and suppliers)
Nice to have
• Citrix VDI experience
• Cloud engineering hands-on (Azure, AWS)
Key Skills Required
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent education
• Several years of professional experience preferably in a similar position/environment
• Excellent English skills, spoken and written
• High-security awareness
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• High-quality standards, conceptual understanding, and attention to detail
• Entrepreneurial, innovative thinking and acting
• Team player with experience in working in a small team
• Hybrid Working Model
• Flat organization structure with cross-functional roles and short decision-making processes
• Continuous professional development and progression
• Global client base, multicultural & dynamic team
• High standard and modern working environment with centrally located office in Zug, close to the train station (20 mins from Zurich)
Please note, Only Swiss or EU passport holders or holders of a valid Swiss working permit will be considered.