The role is based within the Treasury dept. of VTB Commodities Trading DAC in Zug. Zug Treasury is part of the wider Finance function both locally and globally. The role requires the holder to assist managing the liquidity and daily cash management requirements of the Company to ensure adequate liquidity is available in the required currency at the correct time. Without this function being correctly performed, the Company would not be able to support the wider trading activities of the Front office / Client activity.
The key challenge of this role is ensuring efficient management of limited resources, whilst still providing maximum flexibility to the Company’s trade execution / sales in the Sanctions environment and minimizing costs.
The key deliverables of the role are:
- Production of timely and accurate MI
- Compliance with internal policies (treasury, credit / market risk and management) and Compliance with external limit policies (PRA)
- Efficient trade execution with low cost impact
Job purpose is to support business development initiatives in VTB Commodities Trading and other VTB Group companies covering commodity business. VTB Commodities’ Treasury is responsible for the effective management of Treasury risk including liquidity, FX and interest rate risk exposures.
The role is to apply internal and global policies, ensure sanctions and regulatory compliance and to be responsible for the development of the liquidity risk governance environment.
Within this role employee is responsible for taking ownership of tasks:
- reporting to the Head of Treasury, with joint responsibility for the management and execution of the Company’s Liquidity & cash management requirements;
- liquidity and cash management ensuring best practice and adherence to established limits at all times;
- best price execution of transactions for funding and cash management;
- analysis of cash ladders and other MI to highlight any potential breaches and risks;
- nostro Balance management and cash flow forecasting;
- internal transfer pricing operational process;
- production of ALM Management information: ALCO reports; Risk reports; Cash flow reports; pricing updates etc;
- represent Treasury at the operational level for new business / product implementation;
- risk management of assigned positions in accordance with the firm’s risk limits and risk procedures;
- support of the Business transactions in terms of hedging, funding and trade development;
- involvement into new system development cycle and functional testing;
- remaining current VTB Group internal controls / policies relating to funding recommending associated policy and process amendments
Key Competencies & Qualifications
- financial institution experience, preferably in treasury / liquidity role;
- experience in FX markets and other financial instruments dealing;
- detailed understanding of the associated risks;
- trading system experience (Bloomberg or similar);
- experience with back-front office platforms (Calypso or similar) and their integration;
- proficient in Excel, VBA programming skills is a big plus;
- strong problem solving, analytical and interpersonal skills;
- a degree in business, math, economics or related field.