Role Purpose & Responsibilities
- This role will be an integral part of API & Open Banking ecosystem team in CCIB. As a product owner you are responsible to define product strategy, build roadmaps and communicate your vision effectively to key stakeholders, gain support and deliver on your promise through high quality deliverables which drive change and impact.
- The API Experience product owner is responsible for the end-to-end customer lifecycle digitisation for APIs. By enable effective sales conversations and support collateral, a rich sandbox for experimentation and innovation and the ability to seamless move into formal testing and launch of API solutions is the goal. The product owner will be responsible to establish, baseline and measure key metrics which track the success of this capability and ultimately the ability to attract and onboard quicker resulting in faster time to value.
- The Product Owner has the following responsibilities.
- Digital Platforms is a strategic global business in CCIB that creates differentiated connectivity solutions for clients to efficiently and securely the Bank's transactional services in over 50 markets. The focus of this role is building a rich API experience touching sales, experimentation / innovation, implementation, launch and post go live support and servicing.
- The role would be suited to a candidate experienced in driving innovative Client solutions based on APIs with a specific focus on API marketplaces and developer experience offerings.
- Proven track record in building and deploying financial services API's solutions in Transaction Banking and Financial markets thus creating significant value for customers and in additional revenue based on new business models.
- Working with both a strategic and a tactical focus, the suitable candidate will be responsible for delivery of a significant investment in enhancing our clients' digital experience. The candidate shall determine priorities, manage deliveries, strategies business development, structure solutions, prioritise product developments base on client requirements and achieve agreed client outcomes.
- The role requires close partnership with Transaction Banking and Financial Markets businesses to deliver for clients. Other key stakeholders include global Sales and Implementation teams, Technology, and risk owners such as market risk, operation risk, credit risk, legal and compliance.
- Have worked with leading companies in the API space (egg Alibaba, Amazon, Tencent, Ojek, Fintech start-ups, Digital banks and other corporate).
- A background in building API marketplaces / developer experience solutions to drive new innovation, cross product and 3rd party integrations is beneficial.
- The role will leverage existing and explore innovation in payments, collections and mobile technology to deliver cross border and domestic electronic solutions to corporate clients and their suppliers, buyers and consumers in the ecosystem.
- This role reports to the Head, Third Party Platforms part of the API & Open Banking ecosystem team.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Define the product strategy and roadmap for the Standard Chartered API experience, this is a differentiated offering which will unlock the ability for clients and partners to rapidly innovate, implement and deploy production grade solutions.
- Able to proactively identify and express client needs related the API experience through design thinking, user research, A/B testing and implementing metrics to measure progress.
- Set priorities and communicate them effectively to stakeholders.
- Meet with internal and external clients regularly to understand their needs and assist sales with pitch preparation and presentations.
- Continuously evaluate the bank's digital capabilities to identify and prioritise opportunities to grow volumes and revenue.
- Responsible for marketing messaging, client solution use cases and testimonials.
- Organisational readiness for new service rollout including training, process guides and securing necessary stakeholder approvals.
- Launch key enhancements, including post implementation tracking of anticipated benefits.
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis, management reporting.
- Managing risks and regulatory issues associated with flows in digital platforms.
- Product capabilities information to be kept up-to-date and professionally documented for both internal and external audience, thus ensuring the available features and services are correctly commercialised.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Third-party platform ecosystem to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients, Effective Financial Markets, Financial Crime Compliance, The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Transaction Banking & FM API product owners
- Head of Commercialization
- Regional DCDA Heads
- Implementation Management Head
- Client Coverage / Sales teams
- API Marketplace technology teams
- Head of UX/Design
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- 5 + Years of Experience across FX, Payments, Trade Finance and API product management expertise
- Experience working at the intersection of business & technology and creating leading edge digital products & solutions
- Prior experience in developer ecosystems, sandboxes for innovation, playgrounds, test management and product launch beneficial.
- Strong stakeholder management and inter-personal skills to actively engage with cross-cultural teams across the globe.
- Proven track record in building professional relationships across and outside a complex matrixed organisation.
- Understanding of digital channels, API solutions, mobile technology including the features / benefits of the products and services offered, and how those features benefit customer
- Prior experience and training in agile development methodology is essential.
- Comfortable operating in ambiguity, managing through change and making decisions.
- Experienced in conceptualising and articulating sustainable and cost-efficient business solutions. Analytical, critical, and creative problem-solving skills with an in-depth understanding of utilizing digital solutions to meet business goals in better ways.
- Effective and persuasive communication with experience in presenting to clients, delivering training courses, co-creation sessions, and to senior stakeholders.
- Able to produce quality documentation which may include management reporting, client-facing materials and business requirements requiring attention to detail and ability to articulate without ambiguity.
About Standard Chartered
- API Experience - Experienced in building API based products and how they are sold, onboarded and consumed.
- Delivery management - Experienced in delivering complex software products requiring multiple systems and teams to achieve and end to end customer journey and/or outcome.
- Corporate Banking - core knowledge in corporate & institutional banking business and core product capabilities across cash management, trade, and financial markets.
- Payments Standards - Deep understanding of the payments industry, digitization trends and standards which are driving innovation and change.
- Agile Product Management - Experienced in agile product management and working methods.
- APIs - Technically competent in API terminology, taxonomy and associated technology, industry standards and trends.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers