In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 65 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
https://careers.apac.bnpparibas/ Please note that this is a internship that may require you to defer from university studies for the period of the assignment. Start date is early June 2023. Purpose of Role
The Intern is identified to support the current WM APAC Financial security team in the FS related processes and initiatives that includes performing preliminary transaction/alert review analysis as part of threshold recalibration Below-The-Line (BTL) testing / Random Client Analysis (RCA) exercise. Direct Responsibilities
Technical and Behavioural Competencies
- Understudy senior team member and familiarize with the transaction monitoring systems/processes and to learn how to review potential suspicious activity on a timely and effective manners, and escalate issue when required
- Understudy senior team member and assist to partake in reviewing sampled alerts/accounts as part of threshold recalibration exercise in line with prescribed review steps:
- Investigate the individual alerts/accounts to determine if there is a potential suspicious transaction involved
- Follow the recommended standard review steps
- In addition, assess if there is anything else unusual about a transaction/account, particularly based on experience of previous transactions
- Assess the transaction in the context of previous transactions and the client's business/purpose of the account - if necessary review the client file
- Assess the relevance of the geographies of the remitter and beneficiaries of the transaction where there are grounds for suspicion or a requirement for guidance in relation to an alert, escalate in line with the procedures.
- Create and maintain accurate and concise records of all reviews undertaken including details on the rationale for any decisions made .
- Positive working attitude and analytical skills and essential for this position
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Able to work with different stakeholders to investigate alerts/exceptions and recoomend improvements
- Organized and meticulous