In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
https://careers.apac.bnpparibas/ Position Purpose
Work Out Unit (WOU) acts as a dedicated team for exiting clients due to commercial and non-commercial reasons dictated by the bank. The team is tasked with facilitating account closures in an efficient manner and to manage non-closable accounts until such time they can be closed.
Team members are tasked with roles and responsibilities of managing and closing the accounts under WOU portfolio. The team is in direct contact with the clients in order to guide and assist clients with the account closure process, and ensure a smooth and seamless client experience in exiting their relationships. It has a strong link with Clusters/ Market in taking over the accounts and continue discussion with client on account closure. Responsibilities as a Client Relationship Officer Processing Transactions And Account Closure
Client Marketing & Administrative Support
- Receive orders and instructions directly from clients for account closure.
- Ensure pre-trade due diligence checks.
- Ensure orders are properly executed and processed including but not limited to proper voice-log, suitability & credit limit check.
- Capture executed deals in systems by cut-off time; ensure its accuracy to avoid incidents and dealing errors.
- Ensure accounts are closed on a timely basis by completing and submitting necessary documents to the concerned parties (Client Management, Compliance, Operations, etc.).
- For accounts that are not able to close due to non-contactable or illiquid assets, ensure the accounts are monitored and managed according to the Bank policies.
- Escalate to his/her manager any issue/complex situations in due course.
- Provide ad-hoc assistance in facing clients on specific circumstances (e.g. ex-clients and/or ''Uncontactable'' clients for whom the former relationship manager has left the Bank).
Change Management Support
- Answer clients' phone calls in a professional and promptly manner; ensure proper follow-up until the enquiries are addressed. Have an appropriate understanding of the client's background, portfolio and needs.
- Provide assistance in organising client meetings.
- Prepare documentation for clients with a high standard of care and diligence.
- Lodge promptly and accurately the contact reports, get it reviewed by the account manager/Team Head/Market Head (as and when applicable or required).
- Take care of queries from internal/ external parties.
- Provide feedback to relevant parties on the proposed changes to the processes impacting the team.
- Pro-actively identify areas/ideas for improvement.
- Back up other team members.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Responsible for the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities.
- Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines.
- Responsible for reporting all incidents according to the internal policy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to manage relationships with various stakeholders and clients
- Ability to be client-centric while balancing business needs and controls
- An efficient solutions provider with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- A team player with good initiative
- Familiar with Wealth Management organization
- Good communication skills and detailed oriented
- Multilingual skills would be an added advantage
- University degree with at least 4-5 years of relevant working experience in the finance and banking industry, preferably in client facing roles
- Familiar with regulatory requirements pertaining to Wealth Management
- Certificates in CACS 1 & 2.