Network Security Engineer (IT)
Introduction to the role:
- Top tier financial services organization requires an experienced Network security engineer for a mission critical role.
- Work within a team of dedicated project managers and architects to deliver technology infrastructure solutions.
- The focus for this role is on (1) Network Security Projects and (2) Operational support.
Skills / experience required:
- Provide network design, solution deployment, and technical documentation for network and security related equipment such as LAN, WAN, Firewall, Load Balancer, AAA products etc.
- Gathers all business requirements, defines, documents and communicates solutions to the appropriate parties and Implements or oversees implementation of those solutions with the central team
- Provide technical expertise of various Network technologies including but not limited to Load Balancing and Network Security products.
- Responsible for monitoring events and incidents, investigating, troubleshooting and resolving complex and high impacting incidents related to AAA products, F5 load balancers, checkpoint and fortigate firewall products.
- Work with network engineering and architecture teams to ensure network solutions are aligned with operational support requirements and ensure the correct transition into operations support of new services and solutions.
- Follow and enhance existing incident management and operations support processes and procedures.
- Drive the partners/suppliers to participate actively in daily network operations activities to ensure the stability of the network/voice infrastructure
- Ensures network devices (include firewalls, load balancer etc) firmware and OS are up to standard and apply/upgrade patches on a regular basis.
- Automating daily network tasks using scripting (Python, Go or any other programming language)
- support, configure and manage Cisco Routers and Switches, Checkpoint VPN appliance, Checkpoint Firewall, Load balancers and event correlation appliances throughout the implementation phases of the infrastructure projects
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization efforts.
- Attained CCNA/CCNP/CCIE technical certification
- Expertise in managing checkpoint, Fortinet firewalls and F5 LTM.
- Experience in various network monitoring tools on data & security infrastructure such as Solarwind, Netscout, AAA products, proxies, etc
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP, ATM, Frame-Relay, MPLS, Cisco Routers and Multiplexers, Remote Access
- work experience in either the financial or telecommunications industry with practical experience in deploying network and security equipment such as Cisco routers and switches, wireless infrastructure, firewalls and load balancers.
- Experience in Change, Incident, and Problem management
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive and possess initiative, self-motivated team player capable of working with minimal supervision,
- Very keen to speak to any locals regardless of skill level