Program Technical Delivery Manager
The Program Technical Delivery Manager is accountable for the management and delivery of critical / complex projects. Responsible for delivering programs on time, within budget, and within scope. Demonstrated ability to lead and coordinate cross-functional, cross-departmental, cross-company teams across all aspects of a project or program from initiation to closure. This is a dynamic and demanding leadership role that requires a high degree of energy, drive, pro-activeness and maturity. A strategic leader and professional with demonstrated ability to work as a partner and demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, proven ability to connect and build solid cross-functional relationships and partnerships across the organization. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to negotiate and engage various stakeholders, often at a senior level. The role requires a hands on, adaptable, organized and results driven individual with the ability to multi-task and work under a pressure to perform the job at the expected level of accomplishment.
- Responsible for delivering programs on time, within budget, and within scope. Demonstrated ability to lead and coordinate cross-functional, cross-departmental, cross-company teams across all aspects of a project or program from initiation to closure.
- Responsible for management of technology components and workstreams in order to implement of major/multiple/complex programs and projects; may manage enterprise wide programs and projects. Should be familiar with Agile methodology.
- Develops detailed technology work plans, schedules, program/project estimates, resource plans and status reports. Manage budgets, financials, forecasts / outlooks, allocations, financial reporting accurately with transparency. Ensure proactive, accurate and timely communications services, issues, risks, etc.
- Ensures a comprehensive understanding of multiple functional areas and applications within a program; how they collectively integrate to meet and deliver against program objectives.
- Impacts the IT project leadership function by strategic influence and by exercising control over resources, budget management and planning; accountable for end results.
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated, unique and dynamic situations; draws on diverse range of internal and external sources.
- Planning and coordinating efforts across geographically distributed team members and third-party contractors/consultants in order to deliver programs successfully
- Effectively communicate with senior leaders, providing progress and overall program / project statuses including risk management plans, issue resolution approach and overall actions and decisions needed by the stakeholders to deliver the effort.
- Depending on the program, may involve management responsibility of a team, including management of budgets and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.
- Provides IT strategic direction for programs/projects. Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of how IT project leadership integrates within the overall technology function to achieve objectives; requires a good understanding of the industry.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
Candidate Profile / Qualifications
- 15+ years experience in a leading multi-year complex strategic/transformation initiatives with commensurate people management experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Technology, Master's Degree desirable.
- Demonstrable proficiency and experience in the private banking domain, including products and end-to-end operational processes
- Strong understanding of technology to effectively engage with technology teams/partners to drive the project execution & delivery.
- A strong values driven leader who is viewed as having a high degree of integrity, with the ability to act in a transparent and consistent manner while always taking into account what is best for the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to negotiate and engage various stakeholders, often at a senior level. Continuous evaluation of customer satisfaction and value perception.
- Ability to work as a partner with strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to connect and build solid cross-functional relationships and strong effective relationships across the organization
- High level of drive, persistence, pro-activeness and maturity. A hands on, adaptable, organized and results driven individual with strong analytical and problem solving skills with a proactive approach to identifying risks and resolving issues
- Ability to multi-task and perform well under pressure; comfortable with ambiguity and the ability to lead through complex situations
- Ability to influence, negotiate, lead, engage and motivate teams/partners to achieve objectives.
- Outstanding presentation, written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate business/technical concepts effectively and prepare quality project related presentations and reports for senior management
Job Family Group:
- Proficiency with developing mission critical global applications using distributed technologies such as Java/J2EE, Micro services and Dev ops
- Experience designing and managing highly responsive platforms
- Experience on Angular, UI/UX can be an advantage
- Desirable skills
- Enterprise scale messaging experience in Kafka/JMS or derived JMS technologies
- Data Management and RDBMS (SQL, Sybase or Oracle) and In-memory data grids/caches (like Gemfire)
Technology Job Family:
Technology Project Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting