SGUT/SGUP - Sanctions Compliance Officer (9 months Traineeship)
This is a position in the Group Sanctions Team. The team is responsible to establish the framework, policies and procedures for the OCBC Group to effectively manage sanctions risks and provides sanctions advisory, training, updates on key developments and clearance of sanctions screening hits on wire and trade payments for the Business Units. Responsibilities would include:
- Participating in sanctions-related projects and initiatives under the OCBC Strategic Uplift project both in Singapore and at OCBC Group level. These include group-wide sanctions risk assessments and also initiatives to deploy Data Analytics and Machine Learning to identify and manage sanctions risks.
- Developing and refining effectiveness metrics to monitor the Bank's Sanctions controls and assist in collection of such metrics.
- Analysing Bank-wide sanctions-related statistics and assisting in preparing the reports and analysis for Senior Management reporting
- Monitoring of sanctions and geopolitical developments and performing impact analysis and drafting of broadcasts to the Group.
- Supporting the team in research for updates to Sanctions policies, frameworks and training material. Qualifications Requirements:
- Able to multi-task and cope with change and diversity in a fast-paced environment
- Able to articulate thought process clearly
- Possess a strong analytical and problem solving skills with excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess strong project management skill
- Proficient in MS Office applications such as Excel and PowerPoint
- Team player, self-motivated and resourceful
As part of the application, you are required to also submit your online application via My Careers Future for this position: https://www.mycareersfuture.gov.sg/job/banking-finance/sgunited-jobs-sanctions-compliance-officer-oversea-chinese-banking-corporation-2a2beb2dfabf3a41dc2df306cdca9a5a