Valuation (Quantitative), Senior Associate
We invite highly motivated, dynamic professionals to join our growing Valuations practice.
KPMG's Valuation Services includes more than 1,200 professionals in KPMG member firms across more than 50 countries around the globe. Our network has experience in a wide range of major industries and familiarity with local regulatory and M&A marketplaces. KPMG Singapore is a leading valuation practice in Asia Pacific and is among the most diverse teams in the region. We are continually searching for talented individuals to join our team. Responsibilities
• Leading in the execution of valuation engagements.
• Performing independent valuation for financial instruments, businesses, tangible and intangible assets including derivatives and structured products (plain vanilla as well as exotics), equity and debt securities, for mergers and acquisitions, litigation support, dispute resolution, financial reporting, restructuring, and financial advisory.
• Building and analysing financial models and assessing assumptions and data which underlie the model.
• Researching and monitoring industry best practices on valuation models and techniques to ensure that the valuation practice is in line with industry best practices.
• Pitching for new work, including preparation and presentation of proposals.
• Building and maintaining client relationships before, during, and after engagements.
• Supervising, training, and mentoring associates and interns on valuation and valuation-related services.
• Working closely with Partners and staff on client management, practice development, and business development activities. Experience, skills and qualifications
• Excellent academic background with a Master of Science in Financial Engineering, Financial Mathematics, Computational Finance, or related degree. Professional qualification in accounting / FRM / CFA will be an added advantage.
• Ideally 2 - 4 years' valuation experience acquired with the valuation practice within an accounting, professional services firm or a bank. Experience in valuations control, building and/or validating pricing models, would be an added advantage.
• Strong grasp of quantitative finance, business valuation, and intangible asset valuation concepts, including models for equity, interest rates, FX, derivatives and credit related products, monte carlo simulation, numerical valuation techniques, discounted cash flow models, and trading and transaction multiples.
• Expertise in implementing valuation models for financial instruments in VBA or other programming languages is essential.
• Exceptional analytical, problem solving and presentation/report writing skills, combined with a good understanding of business dynamics and commercial value drivers.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently, develop good relationships with senior management and Partners, and operate well within a team environment
• High proficiency in both verbal and written English is essential. Chinese or other Southeast Asian language skills are an added advantage.
Candidates should be prepared for technical questions during interviews. All applications will be held in strict confidence and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by KPMG Talent Acquisition team.