About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 24,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role/ Department:
NAV Control's main service is the monitoring of the NAV plausibility for traditional and alternative funds to ensure that the NAVs are published correctly and in time. The team is striving for steady optimization of the implemented controls and processes to increase efficiency and effectivity and to minimize the emerging risk of incorrect valuation. Embedded in a professional and international environment and in collaboration with many stakeholders such as Portfolio Managers, Clients, Client Relationships Managers, Fund Management Companies, Product Management, Depositaries, Auditors and many internal Operations Teams we substantially contribute to a high quality service for our clients - also in complex situations and in a challenging market environment. Additionally the team is in charge of many interesting projects and special area tasks like NAV timeliness, NAV delay monitoring, performance- und impact analysis, hedged share classes, the creation of sophisticated reports, performance fee, the NAV plausibility manual and the implementation of a new NAV monitoring system. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- NAV plausibility control for traditional and alternative funds before publication of the NAVs to ensure compliance with valuation guidelines and to detect valuation errors
- Implementation, maintenance and optimization of NAV plausibility control in the monitoring system and implementation of new functions and reports
- Responding to queries and requests, conducting performance and other analysis and as well creation of reports for various stakeholders such as
- Clients, CRMs, Product Management, Fund Management Companies, Portfolio Managers or Auditors
- Migration of plausibility control from the current monitoring system MIG21 to a new application
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
Working with Us:
- Higher education in economics (University or Fachhochschule) or proven professional experience in a relevant area
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Committed, exact und efficient working method - individually and within the team
- Client- und solution-oriented mindset
- Pleasent, agile, reliable, open-minded and communicative personality
- Good IT user skills (in particular MS Office) and ability to adapt to a new IT environment
- Good knowledge of financial markets, asset management, derivatives and accounting is an advantage
- Fluent in German and English
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.