Cyber Security Engineer - Banking Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions.
Overview of contract
On behalf of our client, one of the leading financial institutions in Zurich, we are looking for a Cyber Security Engineer to support the team for designing, engineering, and implementing systems to rapidly process large volumes of data from many disparate sources.
This is a 6 months contract.
- Work closely with other teams to ensure that the SIEM/UEBA is performing to standard with all necessary logging sources.
- Ensure SIEM/UEBA technologies are integrated & utilized to protect cyber related assets
- Defining how logs should be parsed
- Writing new correlation rules, custom active lists, queries, and rules
- Onboarding of new clients into the SIEM/UEBA
- Integration of security and system relevant data according to requirements.
- Management System (SIEM/UEBA) in terms of content and usability.
- Support in the operation of the comprehensive SIEM/UEBA platform.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or other technically relevant degree;
- At least 2 years of direct SIEM experience may be accepted in lieu of Bachelors
- 3-5 years of experience with information security operations, data analysis, and/or related IT operational functions
- Proven ability to support large scale Splunk/Elastic or similar event logging solutions
- Extensive experience creating alerts, dashboards, and reports
- Demonstrates the ability to extract meaningful events from operating system, database, application, and security platform data
- Understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems
- Demonstrable expert knowledge of Splunk/Elastic Best Practices, Security Operations, Workflows and Processes
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Familiarity and/or certification in Splunk, Splunk Enterprise Security, Exabeam
- Fluency in English
If you are interested in this opportunity, we look forward to receiving your CV or if you have any questions, contact Ana Victoria Ramos over
If you are interested in other opportunities that Experis are recruiting, please click on the link https://www.experis.ch/experis-zurich.
We can only consider Swiss nationals or professionals possessing a valid EU passport for this engagement.