The Vontobel Network Engineering team drives the modernization of the company's global network. We grow with our customers' requirements and strive to always design secure, resilient and sustainable network solutions.
With these open positions we would like to strengthen and complement the capabilities of our existing team which supports the network department in the implementation of projects.
We are fans of automation and already provide tools and solutions to assist the commissioning of new network infrastructure. We currently use Python for automation as well as vendor-specific and Open-Source technologies for network deployment and operations.
Can you take ownership of projects, but also work well in a team? We would love to hear from you!
As a Network Engineer, you will take part in operational tasks as well as in engineering projects. Your tasks include:
- Configuring, deploying and maintaining routers, switches and related services in the various network environments
- Automating these tasks as much as possible
- Collaborating with teammates or working independently on interesting network concepts and projects to help our customers solve their challenges
- Implementing industry standard security practices
- Ensuring operational readiness through standardization, documentation, and on-call support
- Organizing your work using tools such as Git, Confluence and Jira
- Learning about the network technologies we use and become one of our internal subject matter experts for one or more technologies
- A passion for software defined networks and automation
- First touch points with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet or similar
- Written some code in a scripting or general-purpose programming language such as Python, Bash or similar
- Proven experience or certifications as a network engineer
- Enjoy learning and applying new technologies
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of the team
- Fluent English language skills
Nice to have
- Experience with Cisco products such as ACI, SDA, ISE
- Experience or interest in one or more of the following: DNS, IP Multicast, NetFlow, PTP, LDAP, NFS, Linux, Docker, Terraform
- Working-proficiency in German
What we offer
We offer you a working environment with a lot of flexibility, talented technicians and fair opportunities. We have both senior employees and apprentices working in a team and you always have someone to help you with difficult problems.
- We work according to agile principles especially in our way of thinking, methods and mutual trust
- Your constructive contributions are welcomed and encouraged
- We offer a modern environment that is technologically up to date and all the tools you need to get started
- We invest in training and certifications for our employees and offer the opportunity to travel to conferences
- Our offices are in the center of Zurich and are easily reachable by public transportation
- No matter if you want to work full time or part time, prefer to work in an open space office or from home, we will find a solution that fits your situation
Are you interested? Then Stephan and his team will be happy to answer any remaining questions and hopefully review your application soon. We are looking forward to getting to know you!
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form .