Senior Security Risk Architect - Doha, Qatar
- Prag, Hlavní Mesto Praha, Tschechien
- Festanstellung, Vollzeit
- Westbourne Partners
- 07 Dez 18
We are the largest Financial Services firm in the MENA region with international offices across Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. You will be responsible for defining the IT Security Architecture strategy for Application and Infrastructure security for the Group. You will be responsible for reviewing and re-designing (where necessary) the existing architectures to improve security, optimize performance; implement latest design standards and adopt latest technologies. You will also help select the most appropriate platforms and ensure that user requirements are provided for by the latest and most effective tools available in the IT market.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with the Heads of IT Application and Infrastructure teams to provide security architectural recommendations that fall in line with the Group’s overall strategy and vision.
- Meet with internal managers and project managers to understand and document their requirements prior to providing suitable solutions.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with all other related departments, units and vendors to achieve the Group’s goals/ objectives.
- Develop and deliver against the organization’s strategy and successfully implement Security Architecture programmes through active engagement delivery and investment programs.
- Use industry standard architecture methodologies to define a strategy for the Security Architecture of the bank.
- Design and Build an up to date Security Architecture Standards to ensure secure and effective propagation of data between systems and subsystems.
- Propose new enterprise standards based on business need, IT need and technology advances. Assist project teams to implement the standards into business applications.
- Employ and enforce IT industry standards such as ITIL.
- Performs architecture reviews with IT infrastructure and application teams, IT Risk assessment teams to ensure adherence to standards, information risk management policies.
- Maintains a technology watch to identify emerging technologies that are relevant to the line of business. Builds awareness of key emerging technologies and promotes to the business in order to address their issues.
- Understand user requirements and existing systems in order to provide the proper solutions by enhancing the existing systems or providing new systems.
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure architecture and limitations in deciding on methods of problem solving which may impact overall resource availability and time to deliver changes. Perform careful analysis to ensure changes are in congruence with the Group’s long term planning and approved strategy.
- Initiate regular meetings which aim to add value by discussing progress, problems, and any other issues of concern.
- Ensure high standards and security of confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- University graduate (Computer Science or related degree)
- At least 8 years’ experience in financial services with a specialization in infrastructure architecture, design and management.
- Professional certification such as CISSP, CISM, CISA is mandatory
- Specific courses or certification in IT Security, Infrastructure and Application Architecture would be an advantage
- Self-driven with well-developed motivational and team-building skills.
- Strong experience in Architectural design.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic (preferable).
- Effective leadership and management skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Project management skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.