Are you torn between wanting to go to Uni to further your education and getting a job to start earning some money? Here at CME Group in Belfast, we could have the solution.......
We're looking for keen an enthusiastic, inquisitive, driven bright school or college leaver with a passion for all things IT to join us as a Higher Level Apprentice. We're partnering with Ulster University, to create a programme where you'll be studying a Computing Systems BSc degree, part time as well as working for CME Group, up to, 4 days a week.
The Computing Systems degree develops skills in subjects that include programming, databases, networking, web development, human computer interaction, artificial intelligence, security and embedded systems design.
Working alongside our supportive teams, you'll have 6 month rotations across the business where you can apply the university learning and gain a practical understanding of the subjects - to include Software Development, Cyber Security, Infrastructure and Operations, and Business Operations Office.
You'll contribute to real projects and be learning, earning, developing and studying as a valued member of CME Group in Belfast.
What do you need to demonstrate:
- GCSE grade B or above in English & Maths
- A Level - achieved or expected to achieve by August 2023 predicted grades of BBB or above , [of which at least one qualification must be in either Maths, Chemistry, Physics or a Computing related topic] ideally in STEM related subjects (Computer Science or Computing preferred)
- A passion for technology through projects or experience outside of school
- Drive, commitment and eagerness to learn
- Good communication and collaboration skills
Preference may be given to candidates who have achieved or expected to achieve by August 2023 grade B or above at A Level in Software Systems Development, Computing or Computer Science (not IT/ICT).
What will you get
- Full funding for a BSC Hons Computing Systems degree with Ulster University
- A competitive apprenticeship salary
- A supportive, nurturing learning environment
- Variation with 6 month rotations around different teams within technology
- Working with teams of great individuals, passionate about what they do supporting your development with on the job training, self-paced and classroom training from CME Group, covering business acumen, technology and soft skills.
- Valuable experience of working in a global corporate, within a local office in central Belfast
This is an opportunity to leave University with no debt, earn some decent money and practically apply the theory learnt in your degree with mentors and team members to provide ongoing coaching and support. If you could be are interested in building your career straight out of school or college, we'd would love to hear from you!
Closing date: 28th February 2023
Successful candidates will start the programme early September.
Please note - this opportunity is not available via UCAS application. All candidates must evidence an existing right to work in the UK
The successful candidate will be employed by CME Group, and then apply in partnership with CME Group to Ulster University, to take one of the Apprenticeship places on the Computing Systems BSc course.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.