Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours , we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom. About you
About the programme
- To be eligible for our Internal Audit - Chartered Accountant internship , you'll need to be in your penultimate year of university and be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- We're looking for analytical thinkers who have the determination to overcome a range of challenges
- You'll show real initiative and resourcefulness when it comes to your work, with a meticulous approach to problem solving and attention to detail
Over the course of t his eight - week summer internship , our Chartered Accountant programme will enable you to learn what , how and why we audit whil st develop ing your numerical and analytical skills. You'll experience what it's like to work with us, along with valuable skills and experience that you'll bring into your future career .
We'll reward you with a starting " salary " of £ 22,600 .
For eight weeks, you can expect to:
- Learn about our " culture, " values and goals and build an understanding of the products and services we provide
- Attend training workshops, get involved with our day-to-day work, and take part in a business improvement project
- Develop your team working, planning, creative thinking and problem solving skills
- See first-hand how we work together to deliver " an " outstanding service for our customers
- Experience what it's like to work in a purpose led organisation that puts the customer at the heart of decision making
- Gain i nsight into how the bank operates and how we keep ourselves safe and secure
- Gain a strong understanding of the bank's business risk environment
- B uild your relationship skills
- Hone and develop your analytical skills
At the end of your placement, we'll assess you on what you've learned. Complete this successfully and you could be offered a place on our 2024 Internal Audit Graduate Programme, where you can carry the skills you've learnt forward and take the next step in your career. " About the business area
Internal Audit provide assurance for the bank by calling out risks, asking the tough questions, and challenging where we need to. " We are an independent voice in our organisation integral to protecting our customers' interests and meeting our long-term ambitions.
We make sure effective controls are always in place to manage our risks, keeping the bank and our customers safe.
Applications for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to complete our hiring. When that happens, we'll close the programme to new applications. It's important to take the time to make sure you're making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one Intern ship programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don't miss out.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.