Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours , we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom. About you
About the programme
- To be eligible for our Commercial Banking Relationship Management internship , you'll need to " be in your penultimate year of university and be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- We're looking for people with the curiosity to approach things from fresh perspectives, the ability to build meaningful relationships, and the determination to shape the best solutions for our customers
The Relationship Management stream aims at developing Relationship Managers for all customer-facing areas of Commercial Banking including Corporates & Institutions, Corporate & Commercial Coverage, Sales & Specialist Businesses and Business Banking; trusted advisors focused on how to assess customers' needs, design and deliver solutions while building long term relationships in a digital world.
Over the course of t his eight week summer internship , we'll give you a taste of what it's like to work with us , along with valuable experience to help guide your career choices. "
We'll reward you with a starting " salary " of £ 22,600 .
For eight weeks, you can expect to:
- Learn about our"culture,"values and goals and build an understanding of the products and services we provide
- Attend training workshops, get involved with our day-to-day work, and take part in a business improvement project
- Develop your team working, planning, creative thinking and problem solving skills
- See first-hand how we work together to deliver"an"outstanding service for our customers
- Experience what it's like to work in a purpose led organisation that puts the customer at the heart of decision making
At the end of the placement, we'll assess you on what you've learned. Complete this successfully and you could be offered a place on our 2024 " Commercial Banking Graduate Programme, where you can carry the skills you've learnt forward and take the next step in your career. " About the business area
In Commercial Banking we focus on building strong relationships and helping UK businesses to thrive in an ever-changing world. From entrepreneurial start-ups to FTSE100 customers, we provide comprehensive banking services across a range of UK businesses, including debt financing, transaction services and innovative banking solutions.
Our vision is to be a relationship bank for a digital world - one that supports customers at every stage of their lifecycle through our face-to-face, direct and digital channels.
Applications for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to complete our hiring. When that happens we'll close the programme to new applications. It's important to take the time to make sure you're making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one Intern ship programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don't miss out.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.