Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours , we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom. About you
About the programme
- To be eligible for our Change & Business Solutions internship , you'll need to " be in your penultimate year of university and be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- You'll be customer focused with a real passion for innovation
- You'll be comfortable in challeng ing the status quo to develop effective business solutions
- You'll have excellent communication skills, and an inquisitive nature, paired with a technical mindset and analytical abilities .
Over the course of t his eight - week summer internship , we'll give you a taste of what it's like to work with us, along with valuable experience to help guide your career choices. Our Change & Business Solutions interns experience many areas of the bank including Digit-tech, Journey Development, Sustainability, Diversity & Inclusion and Performance & Service Management.
We'll reward you with a starting " salary " of £ 22,600 pro rata .
For eight weeks, you can expect to:
- Learn about our " culture, " values and goals and build an understanding of the products and services we provide
- Attend training workshops, get involved with our day to day work, and take part in a business improvement project
- Develop your team working, planning, creative thinking and problem solving skills
- See first-hand how we work together to deliver" an " outstanding service for our customers
- Experience what it's like to work in a purpose led organisation that puts the customer at the heart of decision making
- Experience work ing in a digital and agile environment, shadowing roles across innovative teams
- Have direct interactions with customer journeys, developing an understanding of cutting-edge technologies through research that may have a future positive impact on our work as one Bank.
- Have the opportunity to embed new Business Operating Models to maintain our services and products .
At the end of the placement, we'll assess you on what you've learned. Complete this successfully and you could be offered a place on our 2024 " Change and Business Solutions Graduate Programme, where you can carry the skills you've learnt forward and take the next step in your career. " About the business area
Change and Business Solutions focus on keeping us competitive and commercially successful as a bank, bringing together customer experiences, data, and the latest technology to drive and influence change.
We pave the way for both the bank and our businesses to be more agile - keeping us ahead of the curve when meeting the needs of our customers.
Applications for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to complete our hiring. When that happens, we'll close the programme to new applications. It's important to take the time to make sure you're making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one Intern programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don't miss out.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.