Software Development Engineer - Video Advertising
DESCRIPTION We're looking for a software engineer to help us build and deliver video advertising products for media and brand agencies worldwide. In this role, you will join Vivid, an engineering team at our development centre in Edinburgh, Scotland.
All of our advertising teams strive to reinvent the way advertisers and agencies build brands and drive performance in their advertising. By using Amazon's foundation in e-commerce, we help brands connect with the right customers through creative solutions and formats across screens and devices.
The Vivid team aspires to serve all who create or augment video advertising, but starts with those new to video. Our self-service products are accessible to those without expert video knowledge and have safeguards to ensure creatives meet the high quality bar required by our publishers and expected by our viewers.
We work with publishers to push the boundaries of today's video standards to enable new creative features that drive awareness and an emotional connection with brands. We succeed by growing the number of advertisers that consistently choose Amazon due to the effectiveness of our video creative products in achieving their marketing objectives.
As an engineer working in the Vivid team, you will play a key role in building software products and features from the ground up. You will use a wide range of technologies, programming languages and systems. Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development. You will have the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit millions of Amazon customers worldwide.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Computer Science Honours degree (2:1 or better) or related technical degree. In lieu of degree, relevant skills and equivalent experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Knowledge of algorithms, data-structures, efficiency, concurrency, performance optimization, object-oriented development, design patterns.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, testing, source control management, continuous integration, continuous deployment, operations.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
• Experience in cloud computing and distributed architectures.
• Experience of designing and building high availability systems that scale.
• Experience in data manipulation and analysis, including command-line tools and scripting.
• Experience providing technical leadership.
• Experience of mentoring and training other engineers.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a long-standing top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.