Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours , we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom. About you
About the programme
- To be eligible for our Software Engineering internship, you'll need to be in your penultimate year of university and be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- We're looking for people who want to start a career in Software Engineering; people who are curious, innovative and customer-focused, and show a real enthusiasm for technology
- You'll be as comfortable solving technical problems as you are explaining concepts and thrashing out ideas with others
Over the course of t his eight - week summer internship , we'll give you a taste of what it's like to work with us, along with valuable experience to help guide your career choices.
We'll reward you with a starting " salary " of £ 22,600 pro - rata .
For eight weeks, you can expect to:
- Learn about our"culture,"values and goals and build an understanding of the products and services we provide
- Attend training workshops, get involved with our day-to-day work, and take part in a business improvement software engineering project
- Develop your team working, planning, creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- See first-hand how we work together to deliver"an"outstanding service for our customers
- Experience what it's like to work in a purpose led organisation that puts the customer at the heart of decision making
- Build out your skills in web applications development that support software testing
- The confidence and influencing skills to innovate and challenge the status quo
- Gain technology experience while developing your software engineering skills
At the end of the placement, we'll assess you on what you've learned. Complete this successfully and you could be offered a place on our 2024 " Software Engineering Graduate Programme, where you can carry the skills, you've learnt forward and take the next step in your career. " About the business area
In Technology, our highest priority is to delight our customers with the delivery of valuable, responsive, reliable and secure products and services. How we harness technology's potential is vital to our future and allows us to become a purpose led bank where we champion potential, helping people, families and businesses to thrive.
We work closely with all parts of the bank to understand customer and business needs and deliver cutting edge solutions in a dynamic environment.
Applications for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to complete our hiring. When that happens, we'll close the programme to new applications. It's important to take the time to make sure you're making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one Intern ship programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don't miss out.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.