Step In, Step Up - Foundations In Finance is Morgan Stanley's development Programme aimed at identifying undiscovered talent and kick starting the careers of Year 13 students and supporting social mobility. We're looking for diverse and underrepresented voices from less privileged backgrounds who are keen to learn about our industry and release their potential. Applicants don't need any experience, just a passion and eagerness to learn about the world of Finance.
Through a 4 day programme of workshops, students will gain insights into a number of different areas, including Technology, Investment Banking, Global Capital Markets and Sales, Trading & Research. Students will have the opportunity to delve into our culture and quiz employees through mentoring, networking, technical and professional skills training and panel sessions.
Participants will have the opportunity to be considered for a place on the 2024 Investment Banking & Global Capital Markets, Sales & Trading, Research, Investment Management OR
Technology Spring Insight programme. Those who join a Spring Insight programme will also have the opportunity to be considered for an internship the following year and a Future Generation Scholarship.
This program will run from 29th August 2023 to 1st September 2023.
Please pay particular attention to the eligibility criteria
below: Students applying for Foundations in Finance must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Year 13 student and starting an undergraduate course at a UK university in Autumn of 2023
- Have a university offer to start an undergraduate course at a UK university in Autumn of 2023. On your CV, please list your confirmed university offers and each of your GCSE grades or equivalents.
- Have always attended, a state-funded, non-fee-paying school/college
And fulfil one of the below criteria:
Application Deadline: Please ensure that your application is completed and submitted by 23:59pm Sunday 9th July 2023
- Have been in receipt of Free School Meals
- Have received household income support
- Have experienced time in local authority care
- Have or have had refugee status
- Have dependents or caring responsibilities
- Any other indicators of socio-economic or personal disadvantage or a combination of these attributes, as identified within the contextual recruitment application form