Summer Internship Program
Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology.We areone of theworld's top asset management and banking firms that manages $2.3 trillion in assets with $45.5 trillion under custody and/oradministration. We are the Bank of banks - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into thenew era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive newideas at every turn. Today,we aremore than 50k+ employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks,experiment and be yourself.
Summer Internship Program
BNY Mellon's Summer Internship Program (SIP) provides high-potential students with a well-rounded, rewarding internship experience as well as an inside look into what it is like to work for a global financial services organization that has been innovating and serving clients since 1784.With projects specifically chosen to both challenge and develop SIP participants, our summer interns will gain valuable real-world experiences working in Corporate Finance while learning to work together in collaborative teams and building a robust network within BNY Mellon.
From day one, summer interns are immersed in BNY Mellon's innovative and dynamic company culture as they will receive:
- Meaningful and challenging work assignments
- Networking opportunities with peers, senior leaders, and executives
- Exposure to different areas of business
- Comprehensive professional etiquette and financial services fundamentals training
- Understanding of BNY Mellon's commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A collaborative and supportive community
Program at a Glance:
- 10-week summer internship assignment within the Corporate Finance organization that delivers learning and skill development through practical work, mentorship, and training
- Enterprise-led intern orientation program combined with ongoing executive speaker series and virtual training curriculum designed specifically for summer interns
- Career development and networking support from a host of corporate leaders including rotation assignment managers, senior mentors, peer mentors, business stakeholders and a dedicated program manager
- Participants can further develop their technical and business acumen skills/expertise, enhance leadership abilities, and build networks across the organization
- Full commitment of top-level management to deliver the premier internship/talent pipeline program within the financial services industry
Corporate Finance Details
Corporate Finance interns work on projects specifically chosen to both challenge and develop participants. Corporate Finance Summer Interns will gain valuable real-world experiences working in a select Corporate Finance function. Corporate Finance rotations may focus on financial analysis, modelling, compliance, project management, or analytics. Participating functions include:
- Corporate Treasury
- Investor Relations
- Financial Management & Analytics
- Chief Investment Officer Team
- Line of Business CFO (Chief Financial Officer) Teams
Successful Corporate Finance Summer Interns are eligible to receive an offer to join the Global Finance Leadership Program upon graduation. The Global Finance Leadership Program is an 18-month leadership development program that offers training, exposure, and hands-on learning opportunities to future Finance leaders.
- Enrollment in a 4-year undergraduate degree program with a strong focus on business-related and/or technology-related majors;
- Rising senior during summer 2023;
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better;
- Well-rounded and balanced background including demonstrated leadership abilities;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Not require sponsorship for employment visa status (now or in the future) in the region where they apply.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients, and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.