Commodities and Global Markets Financial Control Executive
Join our Financial Control team in London as an Executive and support our Commodities and Global Markets business. As part of the role you will consult with our Commodities and Global Markets business units to provide advice on the correct IFRS accounting treatment for their respective transactions, new products, and other various projects. You will have good accounting knowledge and financial control experience.
The Financial Control London team is responsible for the global divisional support to Macquarie's Commodities and Global Markets businesses which includes the Specialised and Asset Finance division and the Commodity Markets & Finance division - specifically Metals, Agriculture and Bulks, Commodity Linked Investments, Commodity Investor Products; Commodity and Global Markets Central businesses - Secured Financing & Quantitative Investment Strategies.
In addition, the Financial Control team provides transaction advice to all EMEA Commodities and Global Markets divisions and provides them with support from a technical accounting perspective. The complexity of the businesses is high, with structures including physical and financial products. As volumes and complexity continue to increase, your sound accounting skills and financial control experience will be essential.
You will also be responsible for compliance with the Financial Control framework, Finance Control and Operating Standards, and identifying and delivering improvement opportunities in the end-to-end environment by simplification, standardisation and automation within Financial Control team and as part of key Financial Management Group wide strategic projects. You will also be responsible for the complete and accurate legal entity accounts for direct businesses including month end reviews and reconciliation oversight.
You will also be responsible for:
- reporting deliverables to Finance stakeholders (including Direct Tax, Indirect Tax, Regulatory, Treasury and Legal Entity Control) - ad-hoc in nature
- oversight, support and guidance to our Financial Control team in India
- business advisory for Commodities and Global Markets transactions and regional accounting advisory responsibilities for all divisions based in London
- reviewing proposed transactions / new products for appropriate accounting and commercial treatment, and coordinate Finance Management Group approvals
- providing assistance with interpreting and practically applying accounting standards to commodity transactions
- communicating complex topics and issues to non-specialists.
You will be a Chartered Accountant who has post qualification in banking/finance experience within a Financial Control/Audit team. You will have good knowledge across IFRS standards; a track record of enhancements to end-to-end control environment; and strong client service skills.
You will also have:
- strong intellectual curiosity, coupled with the ability to think logically and commercially
- ability to effectively work in teams and operate in a collaborative environment (i.e. someone who shares knowledge / welcomes challenges and constructively challenges others)
- tenacity to get to the right outcome by performing independent and thorough research
- strong communication (both verbal and written) & influencing skills
- ability to develop and manage relationships with multiple stakeholders at all levels across all regions
- basic project management skills to support bank wide and Commodities and Global Markets projects.
If this sounds like your next opportunity, then please apply now! About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.