Direct Tax Reporting, Manager
We are seeking an experienced Manager to join the direct tax reporting team, responsible for tax accounting and compliance across Europe, Middle East and Africa. The role will report to a Senior Manager in the direct tax reporting team.
You will be responsible for reviewing the UK corporate tax returns prepared by our Indian shared service centre with responsibility for obtaining sign off from the Regional Head of Tax and Head of Tax Reporting. You will also have responsibility for some central tax adjustments, for example CFC reporting process, thin capitalisation review.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- assisting in the management of OSP service delivery for non-UK corporate tax returns
- providing support for the income tax accounting process, involving review of the current and deferred monthly tax reconciliations; and providing signoff on tax notes to be included within the statutory accounts for the EMEA entities
- assisting the Regional Head of Tax Reporting in providing support to Business Units on regional Tax Reporting issues including acquisitions and ad hoc projects
- providing training and support to our Indian tax shared service team members
- supporting process improvement and change management initiatives for EMEA tax reporting with an ongoing focus on data and technology.
To be successful in the role, you will have significant experience in a similar role, currently operating at a Manager level within a Tax Reporting function in-house or within an accountancy firm with around 5 years post qualification experience.
You will also have:
- a strong UK Tax technical skill set
- corporate Tax experience for large companies & consolidated groups, which includes tax accounting and compliance
- exposure to European tax accounting and compliance issues is preferred
- the ability to work well under pressure
- ambition with a high level of energy and commitment
- a strong Financial and Risk control mindset
- flexibility to handle on-going change in businesses
- excellent communication skills
If this sounds like your next role, then please apply now. About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.