Our client, a global and reputable asset manager, is seeking a new EM Debt Portfolio Manager, based in London to report into the Head of EM Aggregate Bond.
Working with the Head of EM Aggregate Bond, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of certain EM Fixed Income strategies. The role holder will work closely with the team to contribute to the overall strategic view, and to use their expertise to assist and enhance the management and performance of the range of strategies.
- The successful candidate will play an essential role in the management of a number of global EM fixed income funds and other flexible strategies managed by the team, under the supervision of the head of the team;
- Participate in the internal debate, on global markets, in order to contribute actively to new investment ideas
- To have daily, active interaction with other team members to ensure that ideas and themes are shared across the group;
- To maintain a robust framework to identify and implement investment ideas in the relevant strategies;
- To perform detailed due diligence in coordination with the credit research team, economists and strategists on the vast array of credits in the universe of the Emerging Markets Fixed Income platform. This will include active credit analysis as well as economic, political, and macro analysis on a range of global factors;
- To contribute to the portfolio construction process, working with portfolio construction analysts and other team members;
- To assist where required in the marketing efforts of the team, which includes working with other teams across the company
- To work closely with trading to optimise the flow of market information and to facilitate a smooth interaction between the portfolio management team and the Trading Desks;
- Help maintain and improve the global EM Fixed Income process.
- Degree level educated with strong academic background.
- IMC or CFA as preferred
- Previous experience in Global Emerging Markets and credit
- Strong understanding of government and corporate bonds
- The candidate will be able to demonstrate a consistent level of performance in previous roles
- The candidate will adhere to FCA rules and principles