Global Markets Apprenticeship (Equities) London, United Kingdom Job Description & Program Overview
Our apprentice program starts in September 2023, you will join our Global Markets (GM) division working in a full-time role in our EMEA Equities Strategy and Business Development team whilst studying with one of our trusted learning providers. You€™ll spend most of your time working alongside experienced colleagues, learning relevant and valuable skills, and contributing to exciting projects whilst also following an established apprenticeship program,graduating after four years with a Level 6 Financial Services Professional Apprenticeships,
which includes a Degree in Applied Finance.
Apprentices evolve during the program based on their career aspirations and depending on how quickly their technical and soft skills develop. We encourage apprentices to take advantage of employee networks, mentorship and all other resources made available to them to accelerate their career.
Successful apprentices will continuously relate what they are learning with their work at Bank of America, as they progress through their degree program.
Our Global Markets team operate at the centre of the world€™s debt and equity markets. They provide sales and trading services, liquidity, hedging strategies and industry-leading insights, analytics and competitive pricing to more than 9,000 institutional clients across six continents
As an Apprentice within Global Markets, you will have a unique opportunity to work closely with experienced and supportive colleagues on suggesting and implementing improvements on strategic business initiatives and projects to help drive growth. In addition (but not limited to) you may be asked to help with supporting and preparing business case and presentation materials; building and nurturing advisory relationships; identifying issues, developing hypotheses and communicating insights and recommendations to key decision makers and develop comprehensive and in-depth understanding of our business and external market forces. As the successful applicant, you will have the following behaviours and competencies:
To be eligible for the apprentice program, you will:
- The desire to learn with demonstrable evidence of self-learning outside of studies
- Be able to display clear motivation for exploring a career within financial services
- Be able to demonstrate capacity for creative thinking, problem solving and the ability to deal with competing priorities
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to interact with a variety of people
- Display evidence of strong teamwork
- Hold or predicted to achieve at least 3 A levels/BTEC or equivalent with a minimum of 104 UCAS points
- Have at least a grade C or 5 in Maths and English Language GCSE or equivalent
- Been a resident of the UK for the past 3 years
- Not in full-time education when starting the apprenticeship
- Have the right to workand remain in the UK indefinitely
- Spend at least 50% of your working hours in England over the duration of the apprenticeship
- Have not completed a qualification or apprenticeship at the same level or higher which provided you with substantially the same skills or training as you would gain through this apprenticeship with Bank of America
Our Global Markets business offers sales and trading services, including research, to institutional clients across fixed-income, credit, currency, and commodity and equity businesses. Global Markets product coverage includes securities and derivative products in both the primary and secondary markets.
Join us and we€™ll help you shape your own world through opportunities to learn and grow. You€™ll work in collaborative global teams with mentorship programs, employee networks and events to build friendships and support.
As a valued member of our team with responsibilities from day one, we€™ll ask that you take the time to understand our Code of Conduct and how we manage risk.
We need all kinds of people, perspectives and skills, so if you€™re as passionate as we are about changing the world of Markets, this could be the opportunity for you.
We care deeply about shaping the world of work to be an equal and inclusive one €" and that starts with our recruitment process. We know just how important and valuable it is to have a wide range of skills, backgrounds and experiences shaping our work and ideas. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we€™re proud to focus on attracting, retaining and developing diverse talent within Bank of America. Together, we aim to mirror the customers, clients and communities we serve. What if I need workplace adjustments?
We€™re committed to ensuring our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. If you need a workplace adjustment to search for a job opening, need help completing your application or video interview, please email email@example.com and let us know. We€™ll get back to you within two business days. We offer a competitive Salary and Benefits package