Internal Auditor - Audit London
During your VIE mission you will be in charge of these responsibilities:
• Complete assigned audit work under the supervision of a Head of Assignment.
• Perform other audit related tasks assigned by audit management.
• Performs recommendations follow up under the supervision of Heads of Assignment.
• Participation in Audit Diagnostic work under the supervision of Heads of Assignment.
• Audit testing in accordance with test plans assigned by Heads of Assignment.
• Document audit issues and all work papers in standard departmental formats and perform operational debriefs to auditees in conjunction with the Head of Assignment.
• Follow up outstanding audit recommendations until implementation.
• Support Inspection assignments, under the instruction and guidance of the assigned Inspector, if required.
• Execution of audit work on business audits in the locations covered by the UK regional team. Profile Required
Graduate with a Master degree from Business/Engineering school or University, majoring in Finance, Business or Internal Auditing.
You are fluent in English, French is a plus.
You are proficient in Office application.
- Relational skills
- You are curious and show interest for financial domain.
- You are rigorous and committed when solving problems.
- You take initiatives and like to overtake the existing settings.
- You are autonomous and like team working.
- You appreciate challenges.
- Ability to make decisions & to work under pressure.
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
- Technical skills
- You have got taste for data analytics in the context of investigations.
- You demonstrate extensive skills and knowledge on data science.
- You master at least one programming language used by data analytics (Python, R, ...) and their analytics-oriented libraries.
- Skills in data visualization (and associated tools, like D3.js), and/or in UX, is an asset
- Unrequired, knowledge of Group applications and infrastructures is also an asset.
- Technical understanding of Banking and financial product
This VIE in London is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 12 months.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France's eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. For further information, please see www.civiweb.com . Why Join Us
As soon as you arrive, you will be integrated into our teams and will learn every day alongside our experts, who will support you in your tasks. Gradually, you will become more independent in your projects, making this experience a real career accelerator. You will also discover all the diversity of our businesses, in a sector that is constantly evolving and innovating.
At the end of your VIE, various opportunities could be offered to you, in France and abroad. Business Insight
At Societe Generale, you will be joining the Finance division of Global Banking & Investors Solutions (GBIS), one of the three pillars of SG that brings together Corporate and Investment Banking activities, Private Banking activities, Asset Management and Investor Services. This division oversees the quality and delivery of financial statements for GBIS, the independent certification of financial data for various activities, and also provides day-to-day explanations on profit and loss for market activities.
Inspection and Group Audit Division (IGAD - comprising General Inspection and Internal Audit) is responsible for Internal Audit activity for the Societe General Group. IGAD carries out independent reviews of operational entities, aiming at ensuring in an objective, thorough and impartial manner the compliance of the Group's operations, the level of risk actually incurred, the enforcement of procedures and the effectiveness and relevance of the corresponding permanent control set up.
IGAD issues recommendations to better manage risks and, besides, increase the efficiency of the Group's activity. The Audit teams cover all the risks of the jurisdictions they are in charge of. General Inspection, besides audit work, develops strategic views and may conduct consulting assignments for all sectors and activities of the Group. In order to achieve their missions, both the audits and the Inspection department work together to an annual risk assessment and intervention plan. Once the assignments have been performed, the teams have to follow up on the correct implementation of the corrective actions implemented by the auditees.
The Audit teams carry out audit assignments aimed at ensuring the effectiveness of the internal control system, specifically:
- monitoring the application of internal or external procedures and regulations;
- assessing the security of the processing;
- the quality of accounting and financial data; and
- the alignment of IT systems with the needs of the entity.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000HYE
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: 01/11/2020
Date of publication: 26/10/2020
International Volunteer Program | London | Audit