Junior Project Manager, Manager/Executive
As a Junior/Trainee Project Manager supporting Financial management Group's Treasury division, you will be focused on regulatory, process and system delivery and change projects. You will have demonstrated experience of project delivery in the regulatory change, capital, or liquidity space. Ideally, you will also have experience in project delivery for treasury functions. This position is ideal for a newly qualified or trainee project manager; for example a Business Analyst with regulatory change experience, looking to move into project management.
As part of our central Financial Management Group Projects and Change team, you will be aligned primarily to the Treasury division which includes regulatory reporting, capital, and liquidity management teams.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- supporting the EMEA Treasury team in planning and managing its holistic calendar for regulated entities, across a range of key treasury areas and deliverables
- planning, managing and executing small/medium scale regulatory change including stakeholder communication, resource planning and coordination across teams and geographies. Examples include:
- providing project governance and support in preparation of annual ICAAP and ILAAP/ILAA processes through planning, managing dependencies and deliverables across a wide range of stakeholders
- co-ordination and monitoring of multiple projects aimed at enhancing capital and/or liquidity risk management frameworks and governance structures
- supporting the treasury team in implementation of larger regulatory change such as CRD V, or the new Investment Firm Directive
- working closely with Risk to ensure that forthcoming deliverables, projects and changes are appropriately communicated and planned in alignment with other risk and regulatory processes
- assisting the Treasury team to tracking deliverables including obligations to regulators, various forums, committees, and boards involving inputs from multiple Macquarie groups and divisions
- working with the wider Financial Management Group Projects and Change team to communicate the above, feed into wider treasury initiatives and material change projects, and to share insights with the Treasury team.
To be successful in this role you will have a university qualification; experience of financial management projects ideally from regulatory change, capital and/or liquidity spheres; proven experience as a Business Analyst or Project Manager, working on business process change projects and new platform implementations; and a flexible, proactive, solution-oriented approach.
You will also have:
- demonstrated stakeholder engagement and management skills
- the ability to coordinate multiple assignments and work independently
- an enthusiastic and energetic outlook with excellent interpersonal skills
- a 'can do' attitude with a proven record of delivering project outcomes
- a flexible skill set and confident approach to tackling issues
- a recently completed (or in progress) Prince2 or PMI qualification would be an advantage. Further on-the-job training will be provided
- CA/CPA qualification would be an advantage
- experience working as a Business Analyst in any context would be advantageous though not essential.
If this sounds like your next role, we look forward to hearing from you. About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.