Principal Telco Innovation Advisory Consultant
DESCRIPTION Would you like to help our telco customers innovate and deliver breakthrough experiences for their end customers? Would you like to pioneer the use of cloud services as a means to help drive innovation and digital transformation? Would you like to enable some of the largest telcos in the world transform how they design, develop, and launch new products and digital customer experience? Have you been a part of an early stage organization and taken products from ideas on paper with no resources to in market products with bar raising teams behind them?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring Principal Telco Innovation Advisory consultants to work alongside our customers, enabling them to be more agile, experimental and customer-centric. As a senior member of this team, you will lead engagements that help customers adopt aspects of Amazon's innovation mechanisms by taking customers through an experiential process of identifying a customer-centric opportunity, developing hypotheses about market fit, testing these through experimentation and launching a net-new scaled solution.
As a Principal Innovation Advisory consultant you think strategically and analytically about our customer's business and technical challenges and form innovative ideas to solve them. You have a keen sense of ownership and entrepreneurship, and, most importantly, you know how to earn trust, think big, and work cross-organizationally to deliver results. You influence others to follow with data and customer advocacy.
The right candidate will have experience executing large-scale digital transformation programs, and influencing executives to create bias for action, and long-term sustainable change. This includes a proven track record of developing enterprise-wide innovation programs, creating big data and AIML solutions, product management leadership, a customer-obsessed and collaborative approach, strong data and metrics bias, a good understanding of cloud solutions with a passion for helping customers transform using cloud technologies.
• Develop C-suite and line-of-business relationships within customer organization
• Represent AWS best-practices around innovation, product management, software engineering, data and analytics, and other platform capabilities to work
• Influence and guide senior executives on innovation, cloud, modern IT practices, and big data and AIML solutions
• Demonstrate commercial acumen to assist customers in building value propositions / business cases / supporting financial models
• Define, guide and implement innovation programs - governance, portfolio mix and business fit.
• Help develop and improve our execution model based on engagement experience
• Participate in pre-sales customer visits to understand customer needs
• Develop, propose, and deliver innovation offerings and engagements
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Experience in leadership roles in general management, product management, and/or management consulting experience in enterprises and/or startups
• Experience creating new products, customer experiences, and businesses using big data and AIML
• Experience managing executive-level relationships with key senior business stakeholders
• Ability to multitask and successfully guide customer-facing engagements and various executions teams concurrently
• Presales experience including deal shaping, pricing, and proposal development
• Experience developing solutions that scale
• Expertise in one or more of the following: Customer Experience Transformation, Design Thinking, User Experience, Product Management, Agile Transformation
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience in the telco industry
• Experience guiding products or businesses from an initial idea to launch
• Published thought leadership in digital transformation and innovation domains
• Experience in public cloud computing or with a major enterprise software or infrastructure provider
• Hands on experience guiding large-scale digital or lean transformation projects
• Good working knowledge of AWS Services - especially higher level services that are the focus of customer innovation (AI/ML, IoT, etc.)
• Practical experience using the AWS platform for rapid application development and scaling
• Demonstrated industry leadership in the areas of lean startup, digital innovation, digital strategy and/or product development
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.