Our people work differently depending on their jobs and needs. From hybrid working to flexible hours , we have plenty of options that help our people to thrive.
This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom. About you
About the programme
- To join our 12 month Risk internship , you'll need to " be a penultimate year student , and on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree
- We're looking for people who show a genuine interest in the world of finance, enjoy thinking strategically and have strong analytical skills
- You' ll have an inquisitive and analytical mind-set , and the ability to challenge the status quo and bring new ideas to the table
- We encourage applications from a diverse range of degree disciplines including arts, legal, STE M , q uantitative or other fields
- You must be available for the full 12 months of the internship, and this programme would suit students looking for a one - year industry placement as part of their degree
Over the course of y our 12 month internship , we'll give you a taste of what it's like to work with us, while you gain valuable experience to help guide your career choices. Y ou'll be assigned to a range of different Risk teams, where you'll learn a mix of practical knowledge and technical skills .
We'll reward you with a starting " salary " of £23,650 a year . If you join a team based in London you will be awarded an additional allowance of £3450.
During your internship , you can expect to:
- Learn about our"culture,"values and goals and build an understanding of the products and services we provide
- Get involved with exciting project work and learn about the models and practices we use for managing risk throughout our business
- Attend training workshops and take part in a business improvement project
- Develop your team working, planning, creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- See first-hand how we work together to deliver"an"outstanding service for our customers
- Experience what it's like to work in a purpose led organisation that puts the customer at the heart of decision making
- Develop your qualitative and quantitative skills
- Gain a stronger data analysis and report writing skillset
- Engage with senior stakeholders across the bank
At the end of the placement, we'll assess you on what you've learned. Complete this successfully and you could be offered a place on our 2024 " Risk Graduate Programme, where you can carry the skills you've learnt forward and take the next step in your career. " About the business area
In Risk, our role is to make sure we're doing the right thing as an organisation - for our people and our customers. Risk management allows us to strike a balance between taking risks and reducing them.
It's our responsibility to manage risk across the bank, ensuring we have the right culture, strategy and rules in place. We also manage interactions with key regulators, providing trusted advice to the colleagues who are serving our customers.
Applications for this programme will be open until we receive enough applications to complete our hiring. When that happens, we'll close the programme to new applications. It's important to take the time to make sure you're making the right decision about the programme you want to apply for (you can only apply for one Intern programme) but please complete your application as soon as you can to make sure you don't miss out.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.