We are partnered with a leading Asset Manager who are recruiting for a Sales Support role that sits within their European Sales team. The role is intended to provide the candidate with a clear path towards a sales role in the future working alongside one of the regional sales leads. The successful candidate will have native or bilingual language skills in: French, German, Dutch, Danish, Italian, Spanish or Swedish.
- Provide an office-based, inbound point of contact for the sales directors and their clients/prospects
- Organise and prepare client/prospect meetings
- Answer queries and provide marketing material and data as appropriate to all client/prospects
- Work with Client Reporting to ensure timely monthly and quarterly reporting on our funds
- Help with European events planning
- Host client meetings in London
- Attend conferences and roadshows
- Handle all queries including those related to trades, settlements and rebates
- Update and manage Salesforce.com
- Provide enhanced trade support and customer service for strategic client group
- Help administer and report on client in and out flows
- General sales administration for the sales team
- Ensure adherence to and upkeep of appropriate record keeping and filing systems, in line with company policy, to ensure an adequate record of the application of the decision-making process and in particular having regard to the FCA principles for businesses and individuals.
- Adhere to the FCA’s Conduct Rules, understanding that they set basic standards of good personal conduct.
- Foster and maintain a culture reflecting FCA and other regulatory obligations (and Hermes’ Code of Ethics) compliant with the FCA Conduct Rules.
- Ensure compliance with AFMD and local private placement rules where applicable
- Act in accordance with the contents of this job description and your agreed personal performance objectives.
Skills, Knowledge, and Competencies:
- Results focused, possessing strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Have a service-orientated mindset with the enthusiasm, drive and ability to develop significant sales across a growing range of products.
- Possess a strong understanding of the key European distributors and the broader wholesale marketplace
- Good level of regulatory and technical investment knowledge to be able to most effectively interact with prospective clients.
- Likely to have at least two-three years’ relevant experience in order to demonstrate the required skills and knowledge.
- Understanding of investors, their needs and market trends and how they would interact in the development of value-added Hermes products.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative team player, with the ability to use own initiative and to influence and persuade at a high level both internally and externally.
- Good organisational skills.
- Strong IT skills including MS Excel, PowerPoint and ideally Salesforce (or other CRM systems)
- Required languages (fluency in writing and verbally): English, plus at least one or more of Dutch, French, Italian, Spanish, Danish, Swedish or German