Initially, this role will be remote, but will switch to Hybrid working once the new office is Open (city-centre). Therefore applicants who are not able to commit to a hybrid working model need not apply.
CITI is one of the largest players in the financial industry, employing more than 200,000 people across the globe.
In the UK, CITI is a major employer with over 6000 people in London and 3000 in Belfast.
CITI comprises many different businesses across Retail, Corporate, Wealth Management and Investment Banking. One of the most important, high profile and profitable sectors is Global Markets Trading.
Global Markets Trading deals with clients and investors who wish to trade in the international markets of Foreign Exchange, Equities, Interest Rates, Bonds, Commodities and Credit derivatives. There are roles available in each of these different areas.
Each of these market sectors deliver multi-billion-dollar revenues and have their own technology team, working with a range of applications and different technologies. Most of our key applications are developed in-house, to give our trading operations a competitive edge through speed, flexibility, and bespoke functionality.
Within the Global Markets IT department, many of our senior developers and managers are based in London but work with global teams in North America, Europe, and Asia.
Previously, our UK mainland IT roles were centred in the London area. However, we believe in the growing significance of N.W. England and particularly Manchester as a technology hub. ICG Rates eTrading Tech Overview
The evolution of electronic trading and automation has changed the way that rates products trade forever, driving a need for real-time, low latency pricing, market making and risk technology. In this increasingly electronic and competitive landscape, Citi is key player due to its leading eTrading platform and investment in technology. The Rates eTrading team is at the forefront, by building high-performance low latency technology that supports the execution of billions of dollars of client trades every day. Our competitive advantage is our technology and having a platform that provides exceptional and dependable trading experience. If you have this kind of vision, capable of seeing ahead, of developing a clear path forward in a quest to try the yet untried, here is the opportunity.
The Rates Sales team is responsible for Citi's Rates Sales tools, enabling our Rates Sales team to keep its market-leading position. Having a platform that provides exceptional and dependable sales experience is crucial for the bank.
We are looking for a talented and passionate developer to continue to evolve our next-generation trading applications. The role requires a detailed understanding of software design/best practices along with a strong technical ability. This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to work on high profile trading applications. The team works closely with end users gaining direct exposure to the fast-paced world of front office trading and finance. Job Responsibilities / Role:
- Designing and developing front office Sales applications to the business teams
- Working directly with Sales to shape the future direction of the platform.
- Utilizing creativity and innovation to improve the technical capabilities of the platform and ensuring it remains stable, flexible, and maintainable.
- Driving engineering standards and continuing to strive for best
- Enhancing our automated testing efforts and optimizing our UAT process
- Troubleshooting challenging performance and scalability issues
- Providing onsite support to Rates traders in Paris location
- Assisting in third line support during core trading hours
- Liaising with the global business, support, and development teams on various exciting projects
- Build a strong profile in a high-performance global team (London, Paris, NY, Mississauga, Shanghai, Sydney, and Tokyo)
- Develop efficient and robust solutions to challenging business problems.
- Work on a globally distributed team to deliver the next generation experience for Sales at Citi.
- Gain knowledge and exposure to Front Office Trading Systems, Fixed Income, and Derivatives flows.
- Extensive back-end programming experience
- Solid architectural understanding of enterprise applications
- Understanding of computing science fundamentals - concurrency, algorithms, data structures, design patterns, etc.
- Experience with Java Core, Spring framework and Linux
- Experience developing large financial software trading systems with substantial hands-on development experience in building systems with an attention to optimizing and tuning performance, while also demonstrating critical thinking skills related to re-use, scalability, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of major Financial Products (e.g., EuroGovies/Swaps/GILTS/SAS etc.) and Broker/Customer Markets electronic trading flows.
- Experience on MongoDB
- Experience with modern software development practices such as Agile development, test-driven development, and continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Worked in an Agile globally distributed team using tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, Sonar & Team City
- Worked with tools such as IntelliJ, Gradle, etc.,
- Experience on JSON/XML and REST service
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Initially, all roles will be remote only, but ultimately we envisage a city-centre hybrid working office for the majority. We embrace diversity
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written; ability to face off to business users.
- Good team-work skills, and the ability to work in a distributed global team environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with the determination to learn and achieve his/her goals
- Experience in full lifecycle development
------------------------------------------------- Job Family Group:
Technology ------------------------------------------------- Job Family:
Applications Development ------------------------------------------------------ Time Type:
Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting