Job Description: Job Title -
Senior Java Engineer (Evergreen) Location -
London Corporate Title
- Vice President (VP)
You will be joining Deutsche Bank's Global Technology, Data, and Innovation (TDI) group. You will use your Software Engineering skills to support business growth through digital innovation.
We are working to create simplified, reusable, consumable, application, data and infrastructure. All underpinned by our strategic partnership with Google and commitment to Cloud.
We are building an agile, engineering led organisation and have multiple roles across TDI. We are committed to working with candidates from all backgrounds to find a role that suits them across a broad range of businesses and technologies, whilst also ensuring any accessibility requirements are at the forefront of discussions. What we'll offer you
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre.
You can expect:
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities including up to 60% working from home
Your key responsibilities
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide-ranging CSR programme + 2 days' volunteering leave per year
Your skills and experience
- Writing robust, well tested software, ensuring simplicity of our code
- Working with the business and other stakeholders to define requirements
- Working full stack (with different emphasis on specific technologies from individual hiring teams)
- Focus on the user experience and delivering value to our customers
- DevOps and managing Continuous Integration/Delivery pipeline and production environments
- To continually learn and develop your career with support from your management team and the wider organisation
How we'll support you
- Experience with one or more modern languages (JVM - Java, Kotlin, Scala or Microsoft, TypeScript/JS)
- Experience with front end development (for example React)
- Experience with modern software delivery techniques (agile/lean, TDD, pair programming etc)
- A desire to work globally in an agile organization with frequent deliveries and to work directly with the business to define the products
- Prior exposure to Cloud technologies (GCP, K8s, OpenShift) a nice to have
About us and our teams
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- We value diversity and as an equal opportunities' employer, we make reasonable adjustments for those with a disability such as the provision of assistive equipment if required (e.g. screen readers, assistive hearing devices, adapted keyboards)
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.