Senior Software Eng, UK
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. OVERVIEW
The ESG (Environment, Social and Governance) project supports the work of the Responsible Investment team by building and maintaining the ESG analytics platform and by onboarding and maintaining the ESG data sets.
The technology project team require an experienced senior developer to join their London team, who has significant experience in working with and analyzing large, disparate datasets. The successful candidate would also be expected to partner with the ESG business users to develop and refine their models and toolset.
The role will involve the build out of a new technology platform to produce multiple ESG models in Python, serve the data with ASP.NET with GRPC to interact and administer the models in a Typescript + React frontend. ROLE SUMMARY AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analysis and delivery of complex Front Office investments data and analytics tools with a focus on ESG data and modelling
- Pro-active and independent engagement with business and technology partners of varying levels to ensure clarity of the problem and opportunity.
- Elicit business requirements, questioning and challenging where necessary
- Contribute to tactical and strategic roadmap planning
- Manage technical debt within the models and tools
- Proactively help team members/make suggestions to improve practices.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Expertise in Python 3 and / or ASP.NET with dotnet core 3.x
- An understanding of architecting solutions for the cloud. Experience with AWS a strong plus
- Willing to own and develop business requirements through all aspects of the system
- Stays current with many best-of-breed technologies
- Knowledge of statistical modelling and data analysis
- Experience in working in an Agile team and familiar with JIRA or similar tools
- Deep appreciation of dev ops and automation
- Shows a commitment to quality by implementing suitable software using unit/integration and acceptance testing at the time of feature development
- Leads code reviews and actively participates in providing feedback on others' designs/code
- Owns technical debt in their own software
- Able to work directly with stakeholders
- Experience building analytical models in Python
- Hands on experience of at least some of a broad range of asset classes in the financial industry a plus
- Understanding of ESG drivers within Investment Management. Hands on experience with ESG vendor data a strong plus
- Decisions show a focus on current and future business priorities
- Can articulate business needs and translate them into technology solutions
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.