Sr. Manager -- Robotics Technical Products
DESCRIPTION Amazon is seeking an experienced and technology oriented Sr. Manager - Product Management Technical, Advanced Technology, to coordinate the development and implementation roadmap of best-in-class technologies within the EU Team of Advanced Technology. Examples of technologies include industrial hardware/control machines such as robotic cells, autonomous vehicles, sortation and packing technologies.
Successful candidates will have strong level of ownership and be highly motivated individuals with Technical Product and Program Management experience, in order to timely deliver (respectively) product roadmaps and program executions.
The leader will directly influence a group of various stakeholders, and will be responsible for timely and optimal delivery of global programs and projects. Stake-holders examples are x-functional representatives, leadership, internal customers, Operations, maintenance teams and external vendors/contractors.
The candidate will also responsible for increasing efficiency and effectiveness of the Products and Programs delivery by improving governance structure, developing or improving existing tools, identifying and executing opportunities to support the capacity, capital planning and project execution for the continued expansion of our WW fulfillment network. This role demonstrates: effective communication, both verbal and written, to provide regular updates to leadership and stake-holders; ownership of the technology development roadmap, influencing different WW technical teams; budget forecasting and tracking capability.
The role will understand the details of an Amazon Fulfillment Center design, implementation, equipment and technology. This leader will work in strict collaboration with WW Engineering, EU Engineering, Deployment Engineering, Operations, Maintenance, Equipment Vendors, Software Developers and Procurement. The Sr. Manager will drive an invent and simplify strategy, will have high work capacity while being detailed oriented and agile to manage business changes and keep driving the innovations and initiatives. This individual needs to be comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization in order to be successful.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Create and manage a x-technologies roadmap and reports to communicate project status, drive and elevate decision making and help requests to Senior Leadership.
• Cross functional coordination and task tracking.
• Communications across various parties to ensure alignment of goals and tasks to ensure the overall success of the product / program.
• Ability to track and keep accountability for multiple and complex products and programs simultaneously.
• Work within various time constraints to meet critical business needs.
• Be a governance facilitator that maintains structure, procedures and standard ways of working that follow a common language for project and program delivery.
• Develop, evaluate and simplify current working procedures and improve organization team structure.
• Create, submit and track the relevant documentation to ensure that all products and programs are delivered on time, within budget and best overall value.
• Lead critical path schedule items and escalate to leadership on potential risks and delays.
• Ability to understand Operational processes.
• University Degree, B.S. or Master, in Engineering (or science/technology).
• PMP certification
• Proven technical leadership experience in development, testing and implementation of large scale, complex technology projects.
• Experience in using Modeling, CAD and Software programming tools.
• Working knowledge using MS Excel, AutoCAD, MS Project, and software for technical document writing such as Visio, Word, Excel and/or PowerPoint.
• Fluency in English required. A plus is speaking other EU languages
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.