Initially, this role will be remote, but will switch to Hybrid working once the new office is Open (City-Centre). Therefore applicants who are not able to commit to a hybrid working model need not apply. Job Description
Citi is one of the largest players in the financial industry, employing more than 200,000 people across the globe.
In the UK, Citi is a major employer with over 6000 people in London and 3000 in Belfast.
Citi comprises many different businesses across Retail, Corporate, Wealth Management and Investment Banking. One of the most important, high profile and profitable sectors is Global Markets Trading.
Global Markets Trading deals with clients and investors who wish to trade in the international markets of Foreign Exchange, Equities, Interest Rates, Bonds, Commodities and Credit derivatives. There are roles available in each of these different areas.
Each of these market sectors deliver multi-billion-dollar revenues and have their own technology team, working with a range of applications and different technologies. Most of our key applications are developed in-house, to give our trading operations a competitive edge through speed, flexibility, and bespoke functionality.
Within the Global Markets IT department, many of our senior developers and managers are based in London but work with global teams in North America, Europe, and Asia.
Previously, our UK mainland IT roles were centred in the London area. However, we believe in the growing significance of N.W. England and particularly Manchester as a technology hub. ICG Rates eTrading Tech Overview
The evolution of electronic trading and automation has changed the way that rates products trade forever, driving a need for real-time, low latency pricing, market making and risk technology. In this increasingly electronic and competitive landscape, Citi is key player due to its leading eTrading platform and investment in technology. The Rates eTrading team is at the forefront, by building high-performance low latency technology that supports the execution of billions of dollars of client trades every day. Our competitive advantage is our technology and having a platform that provides exceptional and dependable trading experience. If you have this kind of vision, capable of seeing ahead, of developing a clear path forward in a quest to try the yet untried, here is the opportunity.
The Rates eTrading Data team are responsible for delivery of real time data feeds and straight through processing (STP) of electronic trades for the Rates trading desks. Our trading desks continually want to trade with new clients and products electronically in real time with increased volumes to grow the business, creating a continual demand for new data feeds and seamless integrations with vendor systems. This in turn demands best in class design, engineering, and continuous delivery pipelines to meet our users' expectations, and we need an engineering manager to drive delivery and move us towards our goal of releasing code on the same day functionality changes are requested by our users.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for all technology deliveries by the Rates eTrading Data team. The overall objective of this role is to lead the team to frequently deliver high quality software that will enable Citi to meet its goals on data quality and completeness. Responsibilities:
- Lead and motivate a team of Java data developers to deliver on business priorities
- Partner with technical product managers and traders in New York and London on requirements
- Plan sprints in JIRA that deliver on functionality, reduce technical debt and reduce time to deliver
- Run scrums daily to review and overcome blockers to the team's ability to execute on the sprint
- Partner with QA on manual and automated testing and operational teams to deliver functionality
- Drive the technical roadmap to a cloud native architecture for data capture, STP and data storage
- Utilize in-depth knowledge and skills across multiple Applications Development areas to provide technical oversight across systems and applications
- Review and analyze proposed technical solutions for projects
- Contribute to formulation of strategies for applications development and other functional areas
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of how areas of business integrate to accomplish business goals
- Provide evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual data in complicated and unique situations
- Impact the Applications Development area through monitoring delivery of end results, participate in budget management, and handling day-to-day staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and contribute to defining standards negotiating with external parties when necessary
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Development Management experience
- Proven experience of Java server-side development in real time large data feeds and systems
- Experience of industry standard tools for Java on Linux - IntelliJ, Git, Gradle, JUnit, Jenkins
- Stakeholder and people management experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proven project management skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Experience with KDB a plus
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
------------------------------------------------- Job Family Group:
Technology ------------------------------------------------- Job Family:
Applications Development ------------------------------------------------------ Time Type:
Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting