Additional Job Description Job Title:
London Corporate Title:
Assistant Vice President
Our Foreign Exchange (FX) Admin team are working directly with business representatives and global development teams to understand the complex cross-system interactions between distributed configuration, business rules that are required to enable FX Trading at Deutsche Bank. We practice agile, test-first and collaborative development approaches to deliver internal and external applications that allow data to be managed safely and within bank and regulatory requirements. We promote a culture of continuous learning and development and actively engage with Engineering initiatives such as the monthly Engineering Day and our engineering communities.
Our team of experts will be there to coach and support your development as you develop greenfield User Interfaces (UI) to support the operation of Deutsche Bank's FX trading infrastructure and maintain existing systems. What we'll offer you
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its centre.
You can expect:
Your key responsibilities
- Competitive salary and non-contributory pension
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase additional days
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including Retail Discounts, a Bike4Work scheme and Gym benefits
- The opportunity to support a wide ranging CSR programme + 2 days' volunteering leave per year
Your skills and experience
- Collaborate and communicate openly. Pair with colleagues to write software and solve problems, engage directly with business stakeholders to elicit requirements, and ensure that the software delivered is fit for purpose
- Design solutions using common design patterns with a range of design tools and techniques
- Implement solutions following a test-first approach, delivering high quality, maintainable solutions
- Conduct peer reviews to ensure designs and code are fit for purpose, extensible and re-usable
- Engage with Engineering Culture initiatives, such as Engineering Day (a monthly day to develop and practice Engineering expertise) to drive Engineering culture across the bank
How we'll support you
- A test-first approach to Software Development
- Proficient in Web UI development (HTML5, CSS, JS, TypeScript, React, Angular)
- Experienced in building, releasing, operating, and maintaining frontend Web UIs
- Analytical thinker and team player with strong communication skills
- Experimentation and fast learning approaches to creating business solutions
About us and our teams
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.