BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
The Break Oversight Management (BOM) team sits within the Reconciliations Centre of Excellence (RCoE), the team has a global footprint and is spread across sites in the UK, US and India.
This is a highly visible team that supports all lines of business (LOBs) across BNYM Operations and engages with senior stakeholders and the LOB subject matter experts (SME's). The focus of the team is to bring about improvements to data and reconciliation processes which in turn result in a reduction of open breaks populations and lowering the risk profile of the LOBs. This is done through partnering with the LOB SMEs, Reconciliations, and Technology teams to investigate, analyse reconciliation data, identifying root causes and implementing solutions. Initiatives may include break investigation and clearance exercises, optimising processes, fix @ source initiatives, enriching data, improve sourcing, the creation of match rules, driving through automations, improve STP rates and improving reconciliations effectiveness.
We are looking for ambitious individuals that are comfortable working in a project driven environment where they can work independently or as part of a team, are control focused, and have a proactive approach with good attention to detail and are analytically minded. Effective communication is a must, and have the confidence and ability engage with SME's and senior management whilst working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. Job Purpose:
The main responsibilities of the role are:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience :
- Analyse reconciliations breaks reports to define key areas of f ocus.
- Conduct breaks Investigations when required.
- Work with LOB SMEs to identify and resolve high impacting break populations .
- B uild solid understanding of the reconciliations undertaken within O perations and become a subject matter expert providing guidance and responding to queries .
- Develop a thorough understanding of the key reconciliations platform (TLM) .
- Automate matching in TLM by develop ing sourcing and / or match rules .
- Contribute ongoing initiatives to standardise and streamline reconciliation and LOB processes to dri ve efficiency and automation .
- Deliver timely and accurate reporting and metrics.
- Review work of other team members to ensure accuracy of data and high standard of commentary in reporting and metrics.
- Contributes to the achievement of team's goals and objectives .
- Being an integral part of the go to team for systems, process & automation change.
- Work closely with the reconciliation teams, lines of business, technology , risk, control, and senior management .
What we can offer you:
- Experience in financial services preferr able but not essential .
- Reconciliations background preferrable, but not essential .
- SME le v el knowledge in a business or product area , for example this could be Middle Office, Bank Loans, Markets, Derivatives, Accounting Services , Transfer Agency, GSO, Tax, GPTSO , or others .
- Experience in a project and/ or a reporting-oriented role would be advantageous.
- Team player who can produce high quality, accurate output under tight timescales .
- Good analytical skills, including ability to extract, analyse and interpret data.
- P roblem solving and d ecision-making skills .
- Strong written and verbal communication skills .
- Good attention to detail and a result driven approach .
- Organised and able to manage workload efficiently .
- Proactive and self-motivate d with the a bility to learn new concepts /tools quickly
- Continuous improvement mindset ( Automation & Transformation driven ) .
- Appetite to continuously learn and develop .
- Must be p roficient in MS Excel , a dvanced Excel s k ill s would be an advantage.
- Reconciliation platforms experience such as TLM, GRX, ARO, etc would be advantageous.
- Know ledge and experience in the use of tools such as JIRA, Xceptor, Power BI, Tableau , SQL would be an advantage.
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (EBRGs
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.