Overview Who we are:
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations, or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries.
As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments.
BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
Powering the Financial World
Businesses, communities, and global economies rely on us because we prioritize client experience, collaboration, innovation, and resilience. As the "bank of banks," our unique perspective, informed by one of the largest datasets in the world, powers the financial industry. At BNY Mellon, we understand the best way to succeed at anything is to Consider Everything.
Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com . Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news. What we do:
Global Securities Operations is an international, fast-paced, and innovative group of departments that are located across the globe. With 1,400+ current employees, GSO is split into Trade Capture, Settlements, Portfolio Services, & Regulatory Control to meet BNY Mellon clients' operational needs. This group within the bank offers our staff the opportunity to share information, knowledge or projects, and foster collaboration and engagement activities across GSO's sites The successful candidate will: The successful candidate will be offered an exciting opportunity to manage, develop and lead a dynamic team. The candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate on a global scale and be involved in strategic initiatives to improve and change the way we work. Essential Functions - Key Roles & Responsibilities:
What we are looking for:
- Manages the day to day running of a team of around 15 staff.
- Responsible for resourcing allocation and ensuring team deadlines are met.
- Responsible for recruitment.
- Conducts team meetings, one to ones, encourages and proactively supports staff development.
- The point of contact for team escalations.
- Ensuring team adheres to policies, procedures, and regulatory controls.
- Monitor key performance and risk indicators.
- Maintain high quality service to clients and ensure queries are responded to promptly.
Our offer for you:
- Minimum 5 years financial operations or related financial markets/securities industry experience.
- Specifically: experience in Settlements, Trade Capture, Income or Corporate Actions is very desirable.
- Excellent leadership skills, ability to lead dynamic team.
- Ability to quickly address issues - strong decision making.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft packages, particularly Excel.
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth, and professional development
- Mentoring and job shadowing programs
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects and engagement groups
- Employee Referral Program
- Health Promotion: Wellbeing and Innovation Centre, Wellbeing programs
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Private medical care
- Pension scheme
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.