About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role
The successful candidate will be expected to take a pivotal role in managing and delivering the reporting needs of alternatives clients through the development of relationships with clients, auditors and other third parties. The role will require the successful candidate to prepare, assist and review a variety of deliverables to include audited financial statements, management accounts, the provision of information for tax reporting purposes and ad-hoc reporting for entities administered by the Private Equity department in a timely, efficient and accurate manner adhering to the highest standards. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Accounts Preparation : Regularly checking & maintaining ledger integrity; preparing accounts under various GAAP requirements for manager review/clearing points; sending accounts for inclusion in board packs; preparing standardised account support files and liaising with auditors as required.
- Bookkeeping / Cash Management: Review bank account reconciliations and cash reports daily; prepare cash movements and payments; prepare recharge invoices where necessary and bookkeep all cash and non-cash movements where applicable.
- Investments : Update and maintain investment and portfolio records on behalf of clients, including processing of purchases and disposals; recording of income receipts; revising quarterly valuations and understanding other types of complex investment transactions and restructurings.
- Investor Calls/Distributions: Calculate call/distribution amounts for recommendation by client; liaise with client and investors regarding receipt/payment of monies; liaise with financial institutions receiving or making payment of fund and maintain accounting records.
- Company Secretarial duties (including, but not limited to): Assist in the preparation of company minutes and agendas; process investor transfers; maintain/update investor static information; review external payment workflows.
- Client reporting: Develop client specific knowledge to facilitate the delivery of ad-hoc queries. This includes having detailed understanding of fund structures and how they interact with one another.
Investor reporting: Complete common / regular reporting for investors where quantitative data forms a part of the response.
- AIFMD and Solvency II Reporting: Review data exported from accounting systems and filing final reports with regulators / investors as applicable.
- Tax Reporting: Provide information for tax returns to internal and external tax professionals; review qualitative and quantitative data prior to supply of returns to investors; liaise with other internal departments such as CDD and Tax across numerous judications. Examples include FATCA & CRS; UK, German and US tax reporting.
- Organisation of the Accounting Team: For various deliverables, ensure that agreed timetables are adhered to and that proactive communication is maintained throughout the process; identify system and process enhancements for discussion with the wider team; prioritise assignments, providing continuous feedback to the team and escalate issues appropriately.
- Other : Prepare and circulate accounts and tax timetables; advise on potential accounting issues & best practises; prepare management fee and carried interest calculations; input and update SharePoint-based workflows; liaise with other Northern Trust departments and jurisdictions; maintain existing strong client relationships; deal with all queries in an efficient and timely manner and promote effective communication, including 360 feedback, via individual 1:2:1 and team meetings.
Working with Us:
- The ideal candidate will hold an accounting qualification (ACA or ACCA preferred) and be familiar with UK; US and Lux GAAPs. Those partially-qualified or with relevant experience, preferably with debt instruments, will also be considered
- Have a general understanding of the Guernsey Company / POI / Partnership laws and possess an ability to keep up to date with all applicable legal developments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Confidence in communicating directly with clients and other senior stakeholders
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to set priorities and manage deadlines
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel, and knowledge of Investran would be an advantage
- Good team player, self-starter, flexible, with the ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Able to demonstrate professional judgement and attitude in all aspects of work, including detailed self-review of own work.
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation:
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.