We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.8 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
Internship positions are located at PIMCO's Newport Beach, CA Headquarters.
See yourself as a Trade Support Analyst:
You'll serve in a dynamic role alongside Associates on the team, providing key support across Portfolio Management and Trading desks.
Trade Support Analysts directly support Associates, Traders and Portfolio Managers. They build relationships internally with Account Managers, Product Managers, Legal and Compliance counterparts, Operations teams, and other Portfolio Associate teams across the firm's global offices. On a day-to-day basis, Trade Support Analyst use their mathematical and fixed income training to actively monitor portfolios to assist Portfolio Managers in managing risk and client assets. Trade Support Analysts are routinely encouraged to provide creative solutions and develop key tools and reporting methods to support the Portfolio Management team.
You'll develop meaningful partnerships through cross-department training and a collaborative team project. Throughout the course of the summer, you'll be encouraged to showcase an understanding of advanced fixed income concepts and general portfolio management concepts, while operating in an inspiring environment. The PIMCO Internship Experience:
How you should apply:
- The PIMCO Internship Program begins early/mid-June 2023
- During Week 1, you'll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
- Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteering , developed to heighten the impact of our employees' worldwide volunteer efforts
- Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You'll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
- Want to learn more? Hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting events !
- As a PIMCO intern, you'll receive competitive compensation, along with a transition bonus to help with relocation to one of our office locations
We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready. What to expect during the interview process:
Position Requirements: You're eligible to apply if you:
- After we receive your application, we'll conduct an initial resume review. We'll send status updates throughout the process.
- You'll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing a one-way video interview
- If selected to move forward, you'll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via video conference. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts.
You'll excel as a Trade Support Analyst if you:
- Are an undergraduate currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of December 2023 - June 2025
- Have a minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Are business proficient in English
- Demonstrate advanced Microsoft Excel skills (Excel-based calculations, presenting data in the accurate format, simple macro builds, using Excel functions to analyze data)
- Have proficiency in at least one of the following: Python, SQL, and/or VBA
- Show a strong interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics, and investment finance
- Possess outstanding analytical skills with the ability to function efficiently and problem-solve in a fast paced and time-critical environment
- Show outstanding communication skills which enable you to operate in a complex financial and mathematical environment
- Show the following traits: ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high energy, self-starter, accountable, humble
- Have undertaken finance, fixed income, and/or capital markets coursework (recommended)