Business Analyst III Irvine, CA/en-US/BKC/job/Irvine-CA/Business-Analyst-III_20-1233/apply Position:
Business Analyst III Job Description:
Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Conducts various types of research and analysis to support the business operations to an internal business segment, division, group, or line of business. Assists management to resolve business issues in an effective and productive manner. Designs, documents and re-engineers business processes and publishes business metric results.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs analyses of the business goals, objectives, and needs of the general business environment for the appropriate Black Knight segment, division, group, or line of business.
- Performs research and analysis to support business operations and presents findings to manager or, depending on level, the project leader.
- Plans and designs business processes and make recommendations and changes in order to improve and support business systems and activities and/or to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Utilizes systems and data to resolve business issues in the most effective and productive manner.
- Identifies and implements best practices and suggest how to improve current practices.
- Calculates/estimates costs and benefits of alternative actions or solutions to establish their viability/ROI.
- Develops recommendations to solve problems and issues related to business operations.
- Analyzes and documents business processes and metrics and identifies improvement opportunities.
- May perform special projects upon request and on occasion.
- May provide coaching and/or guidance to less experienced Business Analysts.
- May prepare reports for financial and P&L analyses.
- Performs other related duties as required.
A Bachelors degree or equivalent combinations of education, training and work experience
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Prior Mortgage Servicing or Home Equity experience highly preferred
- Functional knowledge in the following area(s) may be preferred or required:
- Customer Service
- Special Loans
- Year End
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Black Knight products and services preferred
- Knowledge of general business operations, operations, and structure
- Knowledge of mortgage and home equity servicing industries and/or financial services industry preferred
- Knowledge of basic analysis principles
- Excellence in standard office software, such as MS Office (Excel, Outlook, etc.), Visio, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to audiences of various levels in the organization and at client organizations (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Willingly shares relevant knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, customer service, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Ability to work independently while delivering high-quality work and meeting planned deadlines
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information, sharing ideas, and suggesting new solutions both internally and to clients (as applicable)
BUSINESS ANALYST III
Advanced professional role. Highly skilled with extensive proficiency. Develops large and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research. Works on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert. Works on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple analytical areas and business segments. Coaches and mentors more junior business systems and analysts. Works under minimal supervision on complex projects. Wide latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires six or more years of demonstrated experience in an analytical and/or problem-solving role, with at least one project as the business analyst lead on a large project (i.e., a project with duration of more than 6,000 hours or spending more than 4 months).
Black Knight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and protected veteran or military family status. Our employees diversity is our strength, and when we embrace our differences, it makes us better and brighter. Black Knights commitment to inclusion is at the core of who we are, and motivates us in how we do business each and every day. Location:
Irvine, CA Time Type:
Full timePosted YesterdayFull time20-1233 The Industrys Leading Provider of Technology, and Data and Analytics Solutions
Black Knight is a mortgage and finance industries leading provider of integrated technology, data and analytics solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the entire loan lifecycle. Black Knight is the provider lenders and servicers rely on to support their strategic goals and better serve their customers by delivering best-in-class technology, services and insight with a relentless commitment to excellence, innovation, integrity and leadership.
Black Knight's offerings include:
- Leading origination, servicing and default technologies for lenders and servicers
- Data and analytics solutions to help improve performance, reduce risk, identify opportunities and make more informed decisions
- Information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the loan lifecycle, including workflow solutions, invoice management technology, business intelligence and mobile applications
- Consulting services to help develop strategies that will drive transformative change aimed at improving organizational efficiency, reducing overall costs and increasing customer service and competitiveness