Overview Job Title
: VP, Operations and Internal Controls Job Summary:
Pershing Operations, Trading and India Services (OTIS) business unit is responsible for managing the Operational processes within OTIS of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation. This internal control position is within the Internal Control Team of the Client & Product Billing department, which is responsible for implementing and maintaining contractual obligations between Pershing and the Introducing Firms (IF) as well as obligations between IF and the end investors for various products and services. The Internal Control Team is responsible for maintaining internal control framework, executing quality assurance programs as First Line of Defense (1LOD) and performing various review functions that are designed to promote accuracy and completeness of contract implementation and periodic billing services. The Team interacts across Finance, Operational Risk Control and Client Segments whilst furthering risk management culture within OTIS and across the organization.
Pershing provides a flexible and progressive work environment - roles can be hybrid in nature depending on the needs of the employee and the business. General Duties and Responsibilities:
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Responsible for conducting contract implementation reviews to ensure accuracy and completeness of contract setup in various systems
- Validate fee schedules captured in the systems and analyze financial impacts for any identified issues
- Perform data analytics to mitigate potential issues that could occur across the business and/or clients
- Apply risk and control consideration into day-to-day functions
- Participate in various projects focusing on automating the certain manual process to enhance accuracy and efficiency
- Assist with risk evaluation as the billing environment as products/services evolve
- Collaborate with teams across contract implementation, IT liaison and client service seeking strategic solutions for complex products
- Provide management insights and recommendations to mitigate identified risks associated with the process and systems
General Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years finance / operations experience in the financial industry
- Public accounting firm or Internal Audit experience is desirable but not required
- Attention to details and ability to observe and understand business processes ensuring processes and control functions are documented completely and accurately
- Ability to organize and present data in a meaningful way, including analyzing and summarizing detailed information to highlight the issues
- Solid problem-solving skill and ability to connect dots - curiosity
- Sense of ownership and accountability for work
- Ability to multi-task, work within a team environment and collaborate with peers
- Possess an adequate level of technical skills such as Excel and PowerPoint, willing to learn proprietary technologies, i.e. core applications used by the firm
- Strong technology skills to contribute to the department's automation effort and ongoing maintenance. Robotic Process Automation knowledge preferred
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.