This is an office-based position and for the effective performance of this role, the duties and responsibilities must be carried out onsite.
The Personal Banker will be responsible for delivering an exceptional client service experience while servicing clients with a full range of banking products and services. Interacts with clients in person, via telephone and email, responding to inquiries and providing information as requested. Responsible for executing and/or submitting various administrative and operational activities related to clients, banking products and services. Primary activities may include establishing and/or submitting requests for new accounts, closing accounts, account maintenance, money movements, as well as addressing client inquiries. Of critical importance is the Personal Banker's adherence to the required banking guidelines and procedures involved with requested activities.
In addition, under general supervision, processes, and approves transactions for clients within specified limits. Verifies endorsements, enters deposits, issues checks and cash, prepares transaction reports, and balances the cash drawer. Assists clients with inquiries regarding account status and cross sells the bank's products and services.
1. Executes and/or submits client account servicing requests within appropriate time frames, including but not limited to submitting wires and fund transfers, preparing required documentation, opening and closing accounts, maintenance of accurate and complete account records, imaging of documents, and researching of client issues.
2. Handles paying and receiving activities, including cash transactions and daily balancing activities. Fully understands and adheres to all WM Lobby Banking Operations policies and procedures as documented on the WM Intranet.
- Accepts, approves, and processes transactions for clients within specified limits.
- Receives deposits for credit to client accounts, cashes checks, processes savings deposits or withdrawals, receives loan or tax payments, and issues money orders, cashier checks, and travelers cheques.
- Prepares large currency transaction reports reporting transactions exceeding a specified dollar limit.
- Processes travel advances, opens and closes certificates of deposits, buys and sells foreign currency, accepts bonds and treasury/municipal coupons, and resolves passbook out-of-balances with clients.
- Identifies fraudulent transactions, forgeries, and counterfeit bills according to established procedures.
- Balances and verifies content of cash drawer daily.
- Assists clients with standard inquiries regarding the status of their accounts.
- Identifies client needs and cross sells the bank's products and services.
3. Develops a strong understanding of required steps involved with each request, communicating with relationship management and NCSS teams as appropriate to obtain necessary information to properly execute the requested activity.
4. Maintains a strong understanding of policies and procedures and addresses the requirements of each activity in a timely fashion and in strict adherence with Northern Trust and Wealth Management Risk Management and Compliance guidelines and procedures, promptly escalating any issues and/or concerns to management.
5. Develops a strong knowledge of the various business applications critical to client and account servicing, including on-line tools and seeks to expand knowledge of the latest enhancements to Northern Trust partner and client technology and/or systems in order to maintain highest standards of servicing.
6. Assist with maintenance and servicing of Safe Deposit Boxes in offices where available.
7. Keeps informed of new or existing Northern Trust and Wealth Management products, services and compliance requirements to respond to client questions and to assist in selling services which results in expanding the overall client relationship.
8. Monitors banking reports as well as provides assistance with banking audits as directed by the Team Leader / Manager. The successful candidate will benefit from having the following competencies:
- Knowledge of federal regulation, banking guidelines, banking operations, products and services, acquired through related work experience is preferred.
- Strong client service skills, problem solving, and organizational skills are required to identify, research and/or resolve requests.
- Ability to think critically and to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of teller operations usually acquired through previous teller experience and through high school level business courses to service clients.
- Experience with cash handling and client serving.
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.