? Position Overview
A Data Engineer in Cognizant's Data+ practice brings relevant context to complex data for business and IT for intelligent systems and critical decisions. They work with in the domains of data management, to integrate high-volume, high-variation, and/or high-velocity data to produce answers and enable clients to ask an entirely new class of questions. They will use a variety of tools and techniques to deliver better, faster, and smarter data to some of the world's most successful businesses - our clients. Responsibilities
- Build and deliver data pipelines to store data in a way that is accessible, performant, secure, and sustainable? \t
- Prototype solutions, prepare test scripts, and conduct tests for data replication, extraction, loading, cleansing, and data modeling for data warehouses? \t
- Review and validate data loaded into data lakes/warehouses for accuracy? \t
- Develop proofs of concept and evaluate design options to deliver ingestion, search, metadata cataloging and scheduling of data pipelines? \t
- Data engineering in line with best practices and Cognizant's reference architecture??
\t Basic Qualifications
- Understand and document technical use case requirements in order to deliver data movement and transformation solutions
- Bachelor degree in IT-related field and 0-3 years of IT experience \t
- Strong business communication skills (including written and oral)
\t Distinguishing Qualifications?
- Programming experience with Python or Java development for modern data engineering \t
- Strong background in relational data models \t
- Exposure in Data Pipelines & SQL / NoSQL (e.g Cassandra, Hbase) and Relational Database management systems \t
- Exposure to implementing PaaS services on public clouds - Azure, AWS OR GCP \t
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Full Data lifecycle development experience? \t
- Industry experience (financial services, insurance, retail, healthcare, life sciences, communications)?? \t
- Experience in developing and deploying distributed computing applications using Open Source or cloud native services.?
\t Work Authorization
- Working knowledge of data applications?including?Hadoop components (HDFS,?HBase, Hive,?Sqoop, Flume, etc.)? \t
- Exposure to data analytics and data mining tools/applications such as Tableau,?QlikSense?/QlikView, R or SAS? \t
- Exposure to working with SQL, Relational Database Management Systems (e.g., SQL Server, Oracle)? \t
- Development workflows (e.g., Microsoft VSTS)? \t
- Experience leading teams?
Due to the nature of this position Cognizant cannot provide?sponsorship?for U.S. work authorization (including participation in a CPT/OPT program) for this role.? Location(s)
Data Engineers will be deployed to Cognizant office(s)?in? Dallas, TX
; Phoenix, AZ
;or Tampa, FL
,where you will work alongside other experienced Cognizant associates delivering technology solutions.? Applicants must be willing to relocate to the?aforementioned major?geographic area.? Start Date(s)
Data Engineers will largely?start in 3 cohorts; January
or August 2022
.? If your offer is for June, we will communicate your exact start date?at the time of offer.??While we will attempt to honor candidate summer start date?preferences, business need and position availability will determine final start date assignment?of June or August.??Exact summer start dates will be communicated with enough time for you to plan effectively.? Why Choose Us?
Cognizant delivers solutions that draw upon the full power and scale of our associates.??You will be supported by high-caliber?experts?and employ some of the most advanced and patented capabilities.?Our?associate's?diverse backgrounds offer?varied perspectives?and?fuel?new?ways of thinking.??We?encourage lively discussions?which inspire?better?results?for?our clients.?
If you're comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we'd love to hear from you.?
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Jun 02 2022
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.