CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it - all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
We are seeking motivated and talented students who want to help us solve some of the most complex challenges in financial technology. Technology teams at CME write and maintain ultra low-latency electronic trading platforms, risk management systems, and front-end trading interfaces, all of which are central to CME's business. We are focused on designing, building and deploying customer focused solutions with passion and precision.
CME's Technology Summer Internship program offers students opportunities to learn more about CME's business, our role in the financial industry, and the types of technology that keep our markets running. Students will develop both their technical skills and expand their network with access to industry experts, while working alongside other talented and ambitious students with a passion for FinTech.
The Global Information Security (GIS) Department is a critical component of the Technology Division and is focused on delivering a safe and secure environment for the operation of our markets.
GIS interns may participate in several core roles, including:
- Application Security
- Cyber Defense - Detection/Incident Response/Forensics
- Cyber Defense Engineering
- Governance Risk and Compliance
- Identity and Access Management
- Information Security Project Management
- IT Compliance and Controls
- Security Architecture
- Security Management
- Technology Compliance Management
- Technology Risk Management
This is a paid, full-time role that typically lasts 10-12 weeks. This is a hybrid roles, typically based out of our Chicago office. The summer program includes numerous opportunities to network with peers from across the country during a summer full of experiences such as a boat tour on Lake Michigan, tours of our data center, trading and coding challenges with prizes, an outing at an MLB game, lunch and learn speaker series, and other opportunities for professional development. Minimum qualifications:
Bonus qualifications (please be sure to highlight any of the following on your resume):
- Currently pursuing a college/university degree in computer science, software engineering, cyber security, risk management or another related field
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a passion for learning and problem solving
- Proficiency with MS Office including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Previous technical experience
- Basic systems knowledge (UNIX, Linux, Windows, memory, file systems etc.)
- Experience with programming and scripting languages such as: Java, .NET, C#, C++, Python, bash, Powershell, etc.
- Experience with MS Office Visio
- IP based networking and protocols (oAuth, OSI, TCP, UDP, HTTP etc.)
- Familiarity with penetration and hacking tools
- Familiarity with technology frameworks: ITIL, NIST, COBIT, CFTC, AICPA, ISO/IEC, PCI, FFIEC, etc.
- Experience with identity toolsets: LDAP, multi-factor authentication, privileged Identity management
- Knowledge of OWASP Top 10
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don't hesitate to apply - we'd love to hear from you.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.