Global Capital Markets Summer Analyst Program 2024 Job Description & Program Overview
We believe Bank of America can do more for our clients than any other financial services firm. We understand the challenges our clients face around the world, and we use the full resources of our company to help them achieve their goals. Our solutions span the complete range of advisory, capital raising, banking, treasury and liquidity, sales and trading, and research capabilities.
Our Capital Markets business is focused on providing financial solutions across the capital structure and our Summer Analyst program will offer you insight into this business.Your training and development are our top priority, with extensive formal training offered at the start of the program in addition to on-the-job support, educational speaker events and mentorship throughout. Our capital markets internships include:
- Equity Capital Markets (ECM) is at the nexus between Sales & Trading and traditional Investment Banking - the role necessitates cultivating relationships not only with our fee-paying corporate clients for whom we execute transactions, but also with institutional clients who buy our deals and provide feedback on market trends and appetite. The Initial Public Offering (IPO), or when the company undergoes an extensive marketing effort to curry investor demand and is first listed on a public exchange, is a seminal moment in a company ' s lifecycle, and is one of the hallmark processes of this ECM seat. Successful candidates must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be heavily detail-oriented.
- Investment Grade Capital Markets offers insight into the capital raising process with extensive formal training and mentorship throughout the program. Summer analysts are integral members of our team and will work closely with senior colleagues to gain exposure to a wide spectrum of clients, from large corporations to small-cap companies, as well as a variety of financing projects including regular-way debt capital raising, acquisition financing, liability management, and capital structure advisory. The Investment Grade Capital Markets Summer Analyst program prepares graduates for a career in capital markets through exposure to macroeconomics and their impact on capital markets, client coverage responsibilities and business development efforts, as well as the capital raising process and specific technical training on investment banking functions and credit markets.
- Debt Advisory is a division of Global Capital Markets within the Global Corporate & Investment Bank. The team is a leader in liability management services, working with clients across the credit spectrum from A-rated Fortune 50 investment grade companies to high yield issuers, from performing to distressed facing imminent default. Clients include corporations, financial sponsors, financial institutions, governments and multilateral institutions across sectors around the world. Situations frequently supported by Debt Advisory include refinancing transactions, capital structure changes, mergers and acquisitions, spin-off transactions and divestitures, leveraged buyouts, bond covenant modifications and distressed situations. Debt Advisory executes transactions focusing on existing debt such as tender offers, exchange offers, consent solicitations, refinancings, recapitalizations, open market repurchases and capital market restructuring. Debt Advisory works closely with Investment Grade Debt Capital Markets, Leveraged Finance and the Global Corporate & Investment Banking coverage teams to provide solutions for our debt clients.
- Latin America Debt Capital Markets (LatAm DCM) performs comprehensive, in-depth research on companies, sectors in Latin American and Caribbean countries. In this role, you will prepare recommendations on timing, size, and currency for Sovereign transactions in the region as well as work with various teams across the firm including Investment Banking and Corporate banking in each of our offices covering Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Latin America Equity Capital Markets (LatAm ECM) sits at the nexus between sales and trading and traditional investment banking - the role necessitates cultivating relationships not only with our fee-paying corporate clients for whom we execute transactions, but also with institutional clients who buy our deals and provide feedback on market trends and appetite. The Initial Public Offering (IPO), or when the company undergoes an extensive marketing effort to carry investor demand and is first listed on a public exchange, is a pivotal moment in a company ' s lifecycle, and is one of the hallmark processes of this ECM seat. Successful candidates must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be heavily detail-oriented. Within our Latin America ECM team, summer analysts help in the preparation of presentations and other materials for Latin American clients.
- Sustainable Banking Solutions provides deep expertise on ESG topics affecting clients funding needs, valuation, and strategic decisions. We offer a full spectrum of capital markets products and maintain seamless coordination with our Investment Banking, Corporate Banking and Capital Markets partners.
- LeveragedFinance (in Charlotte, NC) helps non-investment grade clients raise debt capital. Situations include Leveraged Buyouts (LBOs), Corporate M&A, Dividend Recapitalizations, and debt refinancing. The Leveraged Finance team works closely with groups across the Global Corporate & Investment Bank (GCIB) to deliver solutions for our clients and is consistently ranked either #1 or #2 on Wall Street by Dealogic.
: If interested in Leveraged Finance in New York, NY, pleaseapplyto the InvestmentBanking Summer Analyst Program. If interested in Rates & Currencies Solutions, please apply to the Rates & Currencies Solutions Analyst Program.
As a summer analyst, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Performing comprehensive, in-depth research on companies, sectors, new issue market, general market conditions and institutional investors
- Prepare recommendations on timing, size and structure of transactions
- Work with various teams across the firm including Investment Banking and Global Markets
- Transaction execution and preparation of related documents
- Candidates are required to be pursuing a BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university with a graduation time frame between December 2024 and June 2025
- Must demonstrate a track record of superior performance in extracurricular and professional activities
- 3.5 minimum GPA preferred
- Must have a combination of strong quantitative/analytical skills, attention to detail and client focus
- Strategic and creative thinking; distinguished written and oral communications skills
- Assertiveness, initiative, leadership, strong work ethic, team focus
- Ability to learn quickly and take on new responsibilities
- Dedication to building a career in the capital markets industry
Bank of America does not complete third party forms from colleges, universities, or other parties.