Junior Financial Analyst-Product Control
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
Product Control are the Financial Guardians of the Bank's sales and trading activities. We fulfill this role by managing complete, accurate and timely P&L, balance sheets and analysis. The independent validation of the value of our trading portfolios. Working with the businesses and the new business product groups to evaluate & integrate new products and businesses into our financial environment in a controlled manner. The provision of reliable and relevant financial information to the business managers, external partners and other relevant internal constituents.
Individuals within Product Control (PC) team are responsible for executing the Daily, Monthly and Quarterly Control aspects of the business. They are responsible for ensuring complete, accurate and timely P+L and Balance Sheets.
This is a Capital Markets role that supports the Equities and Global Credit Products divisions. You will validate and report profit and loss for IPOs and Debt issuances in which Credit Suisse is a member of the underwriting syndicate. Products traded include; Corporate Bonds, US Treasuries, futures, Cash Equities, and Convertibles. The Product Controller will work closely with the trading desk, trade support, syndicate accounting, technology, financial control and other infrastructure areas to ensure timely and accurate reporting of the trading desks' results including daily P&L reporting, management commentaries, and exception processing. Other responsibilities may include:
- Monthly and quarterly account ownership reconciliation, book management, legal entity and regulatory reporting and accounting policy implementation
- P&L Validation and Analysis (including clean P&L), Journal Entry and Review
- Providing analysis and information in response to ad hoc requests from various areas throughout the firm (e.g., Front Office, Tax, and Regulatory)
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- 1 - 2 years of financial service, banking or accounting experience
- Highly attentive to risk and know the importance of a strong control environment and show a high attention to detail in all aspects of their work.
- Possess highly developed analytic, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills to build positive relationships with the clients to understand and address their issues.
- Proficient PC skills including Excel, Access, Peoplesoft Financials, and Essbase as well as manipulation and presentation of financial data
- Phenomenal teammate, hardworking, result oriented with the ability to learn and implement process changes
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.