Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
You bring the ambition and talent; we'll open exciting new doors for you. Take the next step in your banking career with the Investment Bank Chief Operating Officer (IB COO) Summer Analyst Program. In this challenging, rewarding 9-week summer program working in the COO team, you develop your skills so you can influence tomorrow. Beginning with a one-day company orientation, you'll spend one week in training and eight weeks as an integral part of the team. This position is part of our Investment Bank (IB) division, an industry leader in driving the firm's global success.
Over the course of this program, you continue to learn and develop through ongoing training, and hear from experienced senior employees from a variety of divisions in our summer speaker series. Mentorship opportunities help you identify your strengths and plan your career, while social activities, community service and networking events connect you with a range of people from across the firm. When you complete the program, you will have gained crucial experience in all areas of the COO Organization , and a firm understanding of how a global investment bank functions. Once you've seen the big picture, it's time to paint your own. Start date:
June 5, 2023 Duration:
9 weeks Academic requirements:
You should be graduating from a university in December 2023 or May/June 2024. Application deadline:
December 2, 2022 at 11:59pm ET / Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Your field of responsibility
The IB COO Organization performs Business & Financial Management functions at Credit Suisse. The IB COO group is a global, multidimensional, front office support organization, closely aligned with all of the businesses within the IB to lead the firm through the current era of evolution and groundbreaking change within the Financial Services Industry. As a Summer Analyst you will gain exposure to the business and our strategy and learn financial modeling and valuation from experienced professionals. You will have the opportunity to develop your strategic and analytical skills, gain hands-on experience, and interact with external clientele as well as internally across multiple parts of IB. Your future colleagues
As the engine that facilitates the daily operation of the businesses within the Investment Bank, the IB COO organization is comprised of a number of specialist groups, which help to Run, Control, Measure and Change the bank. The groups include:
- Business Management & Strategy collaborates with senior business leaders to address the pivotal initiatives of the bank, developing and driving strategic business plans and analyzing performance measurements to facilitate key decision-making. These teams are responsible for a variety of key functions, including client service, data integrity, efficient front-to-back processing, and expense management. The team also controls and protects the businesses to ensure compliance to rules and regulations, navigating the evolving regulatory landscape and innovating to reduce operational and conduct risk.
- Business Change delivers design, process, infrastructure, and organizational change while ensuring alignment to the strategy, target state, and objectives of the Investment Bank. New regulation, market structure evolution, and new business opportunities require the IB to transform the operating model. This team is organized to respond to and deliver this change.
Demonstrate the skills and attributes you bring to this program within the IBCM department. Tell us how your experience, character and vision connect with the responsibilities required and prospects we offer. Show us that you have:
- Strong interest in Finance, Accounting, General Business Management or Business Law
- A confident, ambitious outlook and the ability to work effectively under pressure
- A willingness to cooperate collaboratively and to work independently on your own initiative
- Exceptional organizational skills and a precise, efficient approach to your work
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven reliability
- A willingness to go the extra mile
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.