We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.22 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,000 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: 2023 Summer Internship - Alt Credit & Private Strategies Intern , US Internship positions are located at PIMCO's Newport Beach, CA Headquarters and New York, NY See yourself as a Alternative Credit & Private Strategies Intern:
Since launching its first opportunistic credit vehicles over 15 years ago, PIMCO has developed a significant presence in both alternative credit and private investment strategies. Our strategies include those that seek to identify value primarily in listed securities, relying on fundamental and capital structure analysis, and also strategies that seek to privately finance the debt and equity needs of companies, asset holders, and origination platforms. We invest globally across commercial and residential real estate and mortgage credit, performing and distressed corporate debt, and specialty finance markets.
You will work alongside seasoned associates and Portfolio Managers, focusing on financial modeling and qualitative analysis in support of direct lending and special situations/distressed debt investing. Throughout the course of the summer, you will support their team efforts in sourcing, evaluating, underwriting and managing of alternative credit and private strategy investments. Successful interns receiving full time offers will have the opportunity to join a two year rotational program with a potential for a career track in Portfolio Management.
The PIMCO Internship Experience:
How you should apply:
- The PIMCO Internship Program begins in early/mid-June 2023
- During Week 1, you'll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
- Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteering , developed to heighten the impact of our employees' worldwide volunteer efforts
- Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You'll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
- Want to learn more? Hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting events !
- As a PIMCO intern, you'll receive competitive compensation, along with a transition bonus to help with relocation to one of our office locations
We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume & unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready. What to expect during the interview process:
- After we receive your application, we'll conduct an initial resume review. We'll send status updates throughout the process.
- You'll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing a one-way video interview
- If selected to move forward, you'll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via video conference. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts, as well as Excel assessment.
PIMCO is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive, cognitively diverse environment.
For more information on PIMCO and Career Opportunities, please visit www.pimco.com/careers Position Requirements: You're eligible to apply if you:
You'll excel as a Alternative Credit & Private Strategies Intern if you:
- Are an undergraduate currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of Dec 2023 - June 2024
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average, on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent, at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Are business proficient in English
- Have a strong interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics, investment finance
- Have skills conducting research and basic financial modeling. Demonstrate natural intuition to make good judgments
- Are proactive in thinking about potential investment ideas
- Are a good communicator; have strong written and oral presentation abilities. Are persuasive and credible
- Have strong work ethic and integrity; are a team player that is proactive and self-motivated
- Have the ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously
- Preferred but not required: Have previous experience in an investment banking internship