We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: Internship opportunities are located at PIMCO's Newport Beach, CA Headquarters and New York, NY office. Program Overview:
Summer interns will work alongside seasoned Portfolio Managers focusing on financial modeling, analysis, and special projects in support of the U.S. Commercial Real Estate (CRE) Team's acquisitions and asset management efforts. U.S. CRE strategy focuses on opportunistic equity investments and traditional bridge lending throughout the U.S. through PIMCO's family of closed-end real estate equity and debt funds and multi-strategy funds. The program will include training, peer mentorship, and participation in PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteering. Successful interns may receive full time offers with potential for a career track in Portfolio Management. Commercial Real Estate Team Overview:
PIMCO invests in real estate opportunities through its flagship BRAVO IV and PCRED II funds along with other investment funds. The firm's U.S. real estate team sources, underwrites, and invests in private and public real estate opportunities, including direct real estate, mezzanine financing, commercial mortgage backed securities, and other real estate related investments. The team benefits from a flexible pool of capital with the ability to invest across asset types, geographies, and the capital structure. The PIMCO Internship Experience:
Position Requirements: You're eligible to apply if you:
- Program runs begins in early/mid- June 2023
- During week 1, you'll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, which provides you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you to succeed in your internship.
- Be part of PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteering, and participate in cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You'll be part of a formal review process, receiving feedback at mid- and end-of-summer, keeping you on the path to meeting your summer goals.
Desired Candidates Should Possess the Following Characteristics:
- Are an undergraduate currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of December 2023 - June 2024
- Have a minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Are business proficient in English
- Strong interest in real estate, financial markets, and macroeconomics
- Skills conducting research and basic financial modeling. Demonstrates natural intuition to make good judgments.
- Proactive in thinking about potential investment ideas.
- Good communicator; strong written and oral presentation abilities. Needs to be persuasive and credible.
- Strong work ethic and integrity; you should be a team player that is proactive and self-motivated.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously
- Preferred but not required: previous experience in an investment banking or real estate internship